cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd IP on business fibre ONT

simmons
Just Moved In

I have a business fibre connection using a G-240G-A ONT.  As I understand we have 5 static IPs available with our package, and we are using one at the moment.  I want to put a file server on another IP behind a pfsense router.  I'm not sure how to access the ONT gui from lan, and I'm hearing that this is actually only possible from Telus side.

How do I go about getting a 2nd public ip?  Are ips mapped to physical ports on the ONT, or device MAC address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike21
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hello,

In order to have access to the remaining static IP's you would need to connect a switch to port #1 of the ONT which will then allow you to have more devices connected to be setup for a static IP. The IP's are done via MAC reservation and are handed out to the device via DHCP.

Once you have the switch and other devices connected you will need to call into our tech support team at 1-888-310-2267 so that they can go and register the devices for a static IP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mike21
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hello,

In order to have access to the remaining static IP's you would need to connect a switch to port #1 of the ONT which will then allow you to have more devices connected to be setup for a static IP. The IP's are done via MAC reservation and are handed out to the device via DHCP.

Once you have the switch and other devices connected you will need to call into our tech support team at 1-888-310-2267 so that they can go and register the devices for a static IP.