Doorbell Camera

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Scoto Does the (SmartHome) app not record clips of video? I only receive notifications of the button pressed or motion sensor tripped.

Live view works, but defeats the purpose not recording clips.

Setting up this device has been the worst experience I’ve ever had. It wouldn’t connect on the T3200M on the 2.4Ghz band even though signal was strong. Ended up purchasing a extender that linked to the 3200M then worked.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

you need to enable the recording of clips based on motion detection. you can only do that on the web page settings and not from your phone if i recall correctly

Community Power User
Community Power User
I’ll have a look. Seems to always have a hard time connecting consistently even with a wireless repeater literally 5 feet from the door.
Community Power User
Community Power User

I thought all these items connected through a cellular-connected hub, not one's regular service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

they use a separate WIFI router that bridges on your modem/router. usually a repeater somewhere close as well.

OP: maybe your camera does not have a decent signal. you can check that from your camera status on your app and your account management web page

Community Power User
Community Power User

@KalhasI have selected to record clips of motion or when the button is pushed. Also have text notifications setup. I receive no texts and no clips are recorded.

My signal strength with my extender 5 feet from the door was 91% on the 2.4ghz band. I had a modem swap and had to reconfigure my extender and once again i can’t get a connection to the SkyBell.

For fun I tried the skybell app which won’t connect creating a new connection. Or with the Telus app. When it was kind of working at times it would take 5-10 times retrying to finally get video. Sometimes it would work first try. Even with a good signal I couldn’t even update the firmware it always failed. Also the skybell battery doesn’t even hold a charge for 5 seconds.

I really think this thing is a dud. As it never was a painless act to get it to work. Curious of your exact Wi-Fi setup. Boggles my mind this thing is so temperamental.