Security
Discuss or ask questions about TELUS Security devices, equipment, and solutions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest topics

SmartHome Security FAQ

Here's a handy list of FAQ's that we've seen here and across our social media channels. As always, if you can't find your answer here, you can always post here in the SmartHome Security forum to ask the community! What can I do if I'm experiencing te...

A-B by Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Door to Door sale

Hi, Signed up for home security in Sept 2023 from an agent. He gave me an interesting offer 1GB Internet, Home security( 5 door sensors, 2 motion sensors, 2 cameras, 2 door locks, 1 door bell, smart panel ) for $100/month + tax and $400 bill credits....

Nickrao by Just Moved In
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to connect cAmera

Hi, My front camera always says There was a problem connecting to Camera . Please try again. i called customer service once and they fixed it. But it keeps giving same error after few days. I am tired calling customer service always. No issues with b...

Nickrao by Just Moved In
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart security camera

It’s been 7 business days and I haven’t received my smart home security camera yet. I just called on it and they said it would be another 5 days. Just wondering how long it was for anyone getting their camera and where you charged for time you didn’t...

Dwebb by Just Moved In
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downed wire

A few minutes ago, I called Telus about a downed wire in front of my house next to the road outside of my property. I told them that I don’t know if it is a communications wire or a BC Hydro wire and asked if it was safe. I was told I should pull the...

Mantarraya by Friendly Neighbour
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bug in Smart Arming - doesn't disarm

Smart Arming doesn't seem to be working properly - system doesn't disarm as scheduled. In Telus SmartHome app, from home menu, select "Security System", then select "Smart Arming". Turn on "Goodnight" setting, "Arm Stay my system between xx PM and xx...

Tony1000 by Organizer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

panel communication error

Last week I got an automated call from Telus Home Security telling me that there was a 'communication error' with my panel and asking me to call them. They called me a second time while I was listening to the first automated message and they also cal...

NicoleT by Just Moved In
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone else?

I called to get my cameras replaced (which the wires to my outdoor cameras were cut by accident during renos) and ended up being roped into new equipment ie. smoke detector, panel, glassbreak etc. My understanding was that new cameras were going to b...

Arming camera on demand

I know you can set up a schedule for the cameras indoors to be armed, is it possible to arm them on demand? For example should i need to go out, I woudl like to arm the camera

mike76 by Organizer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wrong Charges - Getting Bills from both ADT and Telus

Hi,I was ADT customer and moved to Telus home security. Telus never informed ADT that I am now moved to Telus. ADT is still sending me bills. Now they gave my name to collections department and they are sending me emails and calls. When i call ADT, t...

Resolved! SmartHome app - No push notifications while enabled

Since I installed my new phone I'm having troubles with the notifications. I DO get 'Action by Any User' push notifications. I really want the 'Unexpected Activity' notifications back. - Everything in the app is enabled- My phone (new and old one) is...