cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus home security

FGB
Just Moved In

Greetings from Murrayville/Langley

Will Telus home security work in a home with lots of dead spots, slow internet, lots of dropped connections?

I don't want to have the security installed and not have it work 100% of the time.

I've had Telus come out several times, its the same spill every time you might be running

too much equipment at one time. So then they change the modem check all the boosters

we purchased, tell us it's working and leave. when I asked about internet they always say fiber is on the way. 

FGB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus security you shouldn’t have any issues. The panel itself uses WiFi and Celiular as a fallback. The sensors are not using wifi to communicate to the panel. Cameras take short clips if triggered by motion or zone. So you shouldn’t have any issues in that regard either.

What’s your current internet speed? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus security you shouldn’t have any issues. The panel itself uses WiFi and Celiular as a fallback. The sensors are not using wifi to communicate to the panel. Cameras take short clips if triggered by motion or zone. So you shouldn’t have any issues in that regard either.

What’s your current internet speed? 

cliff10
Organizer
Also you can have system installed and use analog phone line so it can communicate with monitoring station. Just make sure that when Telus installs Nokia or Alcatel Ont box the eneble Pots line. It's important that they eneble pots becouse others wise u have VoIP and that will not work with alarm systems.
If you house is hard wired use that wire will always e better then any RF out there