cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarthome Security App vs. Users Settings (Want to restrict ADC-T2000 Access)

BTO
Just Moved In

Hello,

I am a landlord, and sublet to two roommates. Much like in an office environment, there's been prior conflict with temperature settings on the thermostat. Since installing SmartHome's ADC-T2000 smart thermostat, I've used SmartHome to lock them out of that thermostat.

I'm set up as the Master user, and my roommates have Partial Access (no Panel Access, yes Locks). I want to be able to give them Panel Access so they can Arm and Disarm the Security System as needed, but I don't want to give them back control over temperature settings. Is this impossible to do at this time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Last time I had a landlord who set the thermostat uncomfortably low, we would just place an ice pack above the thermostat.

Point is, you are better to gain the compliance you wish through negotiation.

I would expect a residential smart home installation allows all residents to have reasonable access to controls. As such, I’m unaware of any means to grant the partial access you want. You can likely have the system notify you if the temperature exceeds certain bounds.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Last time I had a landlord who set the thermostat uncomfortably low, we would just place an ice pack above the thermostat.

Point is, you are better to gain the compliance you wish through negotiation.

I would expect a residential smart home installation allows all residents to have reasonable access to controls. As such, I’m unaware of any means to grant the partial access you want. You can likely have the system notify you if the temperature exceeds certain bounds.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"