cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenes & Automations

BobLoblaw
Just Moved In

I used to have Rogers Home Monitoring, but recently moved and it wasn't available in the neighborhood so I went with Telus.

I moved virtually all my locks, sensors and switches to my new home using Samsung Smartthings as those were using Zigbee (Telus is Z-Wave). Basically I don't have a lot of devices with Telus right now.

That being said, I'm very disappointed with the concept of 'Scenes' in Telus SmartHome. It really doesn't have that much functionality. For instance, I'd like to automatically arm the system at a certain time when we're at home, leave lights on/off, cameras on/off. This isn't available with Telus that I'm aware of.

Will Telus be adding more functionality such as the options available in Alexa/Google Home/Rogers/Smartthings/IFTTT to give the it much more automation capabilities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaisyFaith01-Tech
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BobLoblaw ,

Good day. The Home Automation and Scenes should be really convenient if you have z-wave devices connected to your Smart Home Security system. So far some customers had already been syncing their Google home to the alarm system for more functionality.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DaisyFaith01-Tech
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BobLoblaw ,

Good day. The Home Automation and Scenes should be really convenient if you have z-wave devices connected to your Smart Home Security system. So far some customers had already been syncing their Google home to the alarm system for more functionality.

is there an article to link to google home? I can't find such feature.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

That feature doesn't exist at the moment in Canada. It does exist in the USA and there is documentation on it but doesn't work when you try the setup for it. I know there was talk to maybe implement it at some point, but never heard anything about it in a long time. It would come in handy for arming and disarming when not near the panel, without having to open the app.