cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iq2 plus direct power

Omer
Just Moved In
Can you tap into light switch to power the keypad? I don’t have any power outlet nearby and it’s brand new house developer has all security system rough in and for keypad there is cat5e cable in the box by garage door amd in master. There is no panel in basement just all the hardwired connections from windows amd doors. How can I direct wire this panel and not use power outlet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You’re going to need the transformer plugged into an outlet somewhere. The output wire is low voltage. You could get that wire fished up to the panel. Something an electrician can do easily or if you’re hand something you could tackle.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You’re going to need the transformer plugged into an outlet somewhere. The output wire is low voltage. You could get that wire fished up to the panel. Something an electrician can do easily or if you’re hand something you could tackle.

Kronos
Organizer
Of course not. You need a transformer to step down the AC voltage. You didn't mention if you wanted the panel in the basement, but I will assume you do? You could connect through Cat5e at the other locations, but if you want it in the basement you need an outlet unless you had another Cat5/quad cable to splice it and connect the transformer in the closet where all the alarm roughin goes to.