cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control my Alarm with Google home?

mopudding
Organizer

would love some voice commands!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, that's not true. One thing that I've discovered about the Telus folks is they really don't know the system well at all. You can use all of the functions except disarm. You can control thermostat, locks, lights, etc. You basically link alarm.com to google home. After that you can say things link, "ok Google, tell alarm.com to turn off my lights..."

---
Frank Wakelin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

fwakelin
Friendly Neighbour

We'll be moving to Telus Home Security too - would love to find out about google home integration...  

...Telus?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My understanding it’s not available at this time, and maybe considered in the future. 

From what Telus has told me, the only thing you can do using Google Home is arm your alarm system. Not a very "Smart" system

No, that's not true. One thing that I've discovered about the Telus folks is they really don't know the system well at all. You can use all of the functions except disarm. You can control thermostat, locks, lights, etc. You basically link alarm.com to google home. After that you can say things link, "ok Google, tell alarm.com to turn off my lights..."

---
Frank Wakelin

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

They were asking specifically if you can say "ok google arm alarm" "ok google disarm alarm"

Ah, yeah that would be nice.  My previous google home integration with ADT integrated more directly like that.  Given TELUS now owning ADT (Canada) I'm hopeful this level of integration will return.

What "works with google" device do you chose under the 'google home' app when setting it up? 'Alarm.com' appears to no longer be listed there.