cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart home security cancellation

Mark6438
Just Moved In

I recently cancelled my security and expected to pay the cancellation fee but there was another charge they did not make me aware of. I was mislead into getting this in the first place since i didn't want it and the guy told me it was going to be free. Well it wasn't. When i tried to cancel before they said i couldn't without penalty because it was over a month before i saw it on my bill. I was forced to switch cell phone providers because telus was charging me for something they said was free and wouldn't make this right. I don't beleive they will make things right this time either so i am cancelling everything when my contract expires and going back to another provider. At least i know what i am getting from them. Telus seems to always be hiding something and not willing to right anything. This system was useless and did nothing and cost too much for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

M_ryan87
Just Moved In
I am i the exact same situation, I was contacted by Telus and said this service is free and will actually make your bill cheaper. I ended up with a smoke alarm that sits next to an already installed fire alarm. I am i on 10th floor so no need for any of their other equipment. I am now moving back to my home country due to Family reasons and my internet they said no problem we can cancel but the smart home services will cost you $800 to cancel. Moving country apparently isn't in their list of approved waiver reasons

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Mark, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with us.  Feel free to send me a private message if you would like to discuss further if you still need assistance. 

M_ryan87
Just Moved In
I am i the exact same situation, I was contacted by Telus and said this service is free and will actually make your bill cheaper. I ended up with a smoke alarm that sits next to an already installed fire alarm. I am i on 10th floor so no need for any of their other equipment. I am now moving back to my home country due to Family reasons and my internet they said no problem we can cancel but the smart home services will cost you $800 to cancel. Moving country apparently isn't in their list of approved waiver reasons