cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVR on Telus Security

Reg16
Just Moved In

Hello,

Does anyone know if Telus will ever enable SVR usage for residential customers? I reached out to alarm.com and they said from their end they encourage the vendors to offer the full suite of options to customers, but Telus has decided not to allow this. I think it is beneficial to offer 24/7 recording if the customer is willing to purchase this device.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I happen to know some information that has not yet been made public by Telus svrs are coming to residential accounts I can't tell you who told me I can't tell you when I can tell you it was supposed to be launching very soon however there was a delay and as of right now no release date is set.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Aduffy01
Just Moved In

Reg16

Check out this link  Hopefully soon!

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/Longer-video/idi-p/103453

evan_nadeau
Neighbour

I really don't know why this isn't available yet.  On the ADT by Telus, Alarm.com page, it is available.

ADT by TELUS (alarm.com)

Even if I can't watch it through the Telus SmartHome Security app and webpage, and had to watch video via the HDMI output, I'd take it.  I just want it recording all the time, sooner rather than later.  I'm missing things now as others have, and missed things before on Vivint.  Having a DVR/SVR is really important option.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m getting very annoyed each time I am watching people rummage through our bins in the back alley only for the video to cut off at 30 seconds.

I happen to know some information that has not yet been made public by Telus svrs are coming to residential accounts I can't tell you who told me I can't tell you when I can tell you it was supposed to be launching very soon however there was a delay and as of right now no release date is set.

Let’s hope they allow existing customers to swap out equipment

I had an event occur outside my home today, and my doorbell camera did not trigger, nor did my other exterior camera pick up a person in my driveway.  Yet it did numerous times throughout the day.

As I've said to several tech support people, and on this Telus "Neighbourhood", the SVR is a required item.  The little triggered recordings cannot be trusted, and have too many gaps between them.

The SVR for home systems IS A MUST!!

The SVR cannot come soon enough and should have been available long ago.

I had an event occur outside my home this evening, and the doorbell camera did not trigger, nor did my driveway camera trigger on a person.  Yet it triggered several times throughout the day.

The little video clips are not reliable and have far too many gaps between them.  I need the SVR.

Matt1877
Organizer
When I use the web interface to monitor my security system and click on video there is a tab beside live video that says svr timeline clicking on that it says your service plan includes support for the stream video recorder svr click here to add an svr to this account my account is residential and I live in BC.

Matt1877
Organizer
If I access my security account using the web interface on the computer under the video tab beside live video there is a tab that says svr timeline clicking that it says your service plan includes support for the stream video recorder svr click here to add an SVR to your account.