cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get out of my Telus Security contract as Telus has failed to meet their end of it

NicDun
Just Moved In

I had an extensive Telus security system installed in the spring of 2020 because I had serious security concerns.  At first it worked great.  Installer kept saying "we'll MOVE it for free" repeatedly.  The following June when we sold and were moving I called to schedule a move.  Then was told "we'll INSTALL for free at the other end but you have to take it down yourself".  After just finishing cancer treatment and a week in the hospital from COVID I had to go and buy a ladder and remove all the equipment myself.  I was NOT happy but it had to be done so I did it.  I moved into my new house in August and so far they've sent 3 technicians to install my equipment and each one has left saying they didn't have time to finish, even though they knew what equipment I had to install.  My house is STILL not secure as I only have cameras on 70% of my exterior perimeter.  Cameras are hit and miss as to whether they detect motion (people or animals or cars) and record.  The delay in notifying me is upwards of 1-5 minutes sometimes.  That's not useful if someone is coming into my house.  I've spend hours and hours on the phone with Telus sorting this out and I'm just done.  I want out of my contract and I want them to buy back the equipment I have been paying monthly.  The service has been SO bad that I feel at times like I'm being punk'd.  How do I get out?  Whether I stick with them for my other services (home phone, TV, Internet, Cell) will be based on how ending this contract goes.  Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Nicky, thanks for your reply.  If you do experience any issues at that point, you can simply reply to the private message I sent you a few minutes ago and I will make sure it gets taken care of on our end.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey NicDun, we're sincerely sorry to hear about all of this. I'll be sending you a private message in a few minutes so that I can escalate this for you and get you the help you need.  Thanks for your patience! 

NicDun
Just Moved In
I have sorted it since posting this. It took a LOT of work but Telus has agreed to end my contract and take equipment back (was on easy pay program and originally said it’s not their equipment and I’d have to pay the remaining 3 years). Finally I talked to someone who said if our places were reversed and she was the consumer she would not be ok with the (lack of) service I’ve received and failing equipment. Problem now is I need to ship back equipment and call them when I get my bill with all outstanding charges and contract cancel fee so they can manually reverse it. If there’s no record of our agreement I may be back to square 1. I’m not letting go of this though. It was an AWFUL and stressful experience and our contract had definitely been frustrated. --
Cheers!
Nicky Dunlop

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Nicky, thanks for your reply.  If you do experience any issues at that point, you can simply reply to the private message I sent you a few minutes ago and I will make sure it gets taken care of on our end.