cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home security phishing scam?

Thunder_god30
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, my father has received numerous calls from someone claiming to be from "Telus" claiming that my father owes Telus money for a home security system which we have never signed up for. We have never picked up the calls and they left a voicemail a few weeks back claiming we owe them money for a home security system. In the calls, they don't mention my father's name nor address but instead just mention an amount owing. Today he received a text message from someone named Lily from "telus" home security again saying he owes them money but the address that they list isn't even our address and that he now owes them over 1k and that it will go to collections soon. They claim he needs to call Telus today at this number "1-855-958-8181", however, they texted my father with this number "647-746-9664" which seems odd. Also, the punctuation in the text message is off. I have tried to call Telus to inquire about this but have not been able to get anywhere with their virtual assistant.

Just to be clear, we never signed up for any home security systems with Telus and we have not been a Telus mobile customer for over 2 years now. I would like to get to the bottom of this as I do not want to waste any more time on this matter. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This may be of use:

Report a problem regarding fraud and spam - Security | TELUS

Just a long time customer hoping to help.