cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract of the deceased

Bc1990s
Just Moved In
Hi there, my sister passed away and I would like to cancel her telus home security. The contract in her name is to Jan 2022. Telus is saying in order to cancel I must pay a $400 cancellation fee? So I’m a little shocked, it’s not my contract, she is dead. I will not be using the service. Why do I have to pay? Is this correct? Any help/guidance would be great.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have spoken to two representatives who have told me the same thing “erm well it’s the contact” ie the answers I’m being provided have no depth. I cannot afford a $400 dollar cancellation fee on a product I did not sign for/and will not continue to pay for. It certainly isn’t going against my credit so what department could provide me more assistance?

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will have to call into Telus and resolve this issue over the phone. 1-855-255-8828 or one of the other methods located on this page

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have spoken to two representatives who have told me the same thing “erm well it’s the contact” ie the answers I’m being provided have no depth. I cannot afford a $400 dollar cancellation fee on a product I did not sign for/and will not continue to pay for. It certainly isn’t going against my credit so what department could provide me more assistance?

Thanks

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Legally, the contract passes to her estate, which continues to be responsible for contracts she signed. Whether Telus will cancel the contract in this instance is an entirely separate matter.

You may need to escalate the issue to get a clear answer.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"