Remember your first time?

SuperFred
Rockstar

Do you remember what was the first movie you saw in a theater? I remember a little about the movie I saw in a theater and it was E.T. back 1982. 

The year after I got to see Return of the Jedi when I was 6 years old.

Feel free to share friends Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is dangerous waters we're navigating, @SuperFred, because it'll date us but the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action movie. 

SuperFred
Rockstar

Unless I'm wrong @dru , it was released in the 90's! 

Image result for ninja turtles gif

The first movie I vividly remember seeing in the theater is Tim Burton's Batman when I was 8 years old. Assuredly went to others before that, but this is the first one that I can recall everything, and some guy even dressed up in a full Keaton Batman outfit and sat in the row behind us lol.

Happily, I can say with full authority that after buying the 4k restored blu ray to celebrate Batman's 80th anniversary this year, the movie is still a masterpiece.

SuperFred
Rockstar

I can only agree with you @A-B  , this was the first movie I saw in english and in my opinion, the best/coolest version of the Batmobile ever!

Image result for batmobile gif

Community Power User
Community Power User

@SuperFred wrote:

Do you remember what was the first movie you saw in a theater? I remember a little about the movie I saw in a theater and it was E.T. back 1982. 

The year after I got to see Return of the Jedi when I was 6 years old.

Feel free to share friends Smiley Happy

Mary Poppins.

Not sure Disney has released a game based on this property, though.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

First movie was The Empire Strikes Back at a drive-in . In theaters it was ET, Six Pack with Kenny Rogers, Back To the Future

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
SuperFred
Rockstar

Thanks for sharing @WestCoasterBC and I believe that we were lucky to be kids in the 80's! I also remember seeing Transformers the Movie in a theater and I was so upset that they killed Optimus Prime but not Megatron lol! 

polecat
Ambassador

Hey you got to go way back with me . It was  MA AND PAW KETTLE ON THE FARM 1952. It would light up twitter and face book today. Pa was so lazy he had 2 indians named Gearduck and Crowbar that did all the work with Pa sitting in the rocking chair giving orders. Found a  tape a couple of years ago and had good laugh at it. Polecat

SuperFred
Rockstar

Wow! That's an amazing souvenir and do you know if that theater still exist today? The ones I went to back in 1982 are not there anymore so I'm guessing it must be the same for you? Thanks for sharing @polecat  Smiley Happy

polecat
Ambassador

Nix Theatre.jpgAbout 2 years the tape. I borrowed a VHS but it ate the tape when went to play it second time for the grand sons. Some of those movies are on you tube now. And yes the theartre buliding is still there (Rose Valley Sask.).  I was back there 5 years ago and saw it but not running movies. Here is a photo of it says 2018 on google pix ??? so still there i guess. I don't think the sign on this was the one in 52 but memories i guess. polecat