Movies made from video games or vice-versa!

Highlighted
SuperFred
Rockstar

A friend and I were having a discussion about movies being based on video games vs video games based on movies. Which will give us the best result???? I'm also taking this opportunity to say "Hi" to our friends from the Gamers Lounge Smiley Wink

The Arkham Batman games are a great example of games based on a movie character and Mortal Kombat is the other way around.

What do you think friends? Feel free to comment and share your thoughts on this! 

BobaSeb
Resident

The Arkham series are great cause their based on a COMIC BOOK character... not based on a movie character... That's why it was great! They did a game back in 2005 based on batman Begin 2005... guess what.. game was bad... really bad... and poufff the Arkham series came out!! Smiley Happy.. Anyway.. Why so serious? Cheers

Community Manager
Community Manager

@SuperFred wrote:

A friend and I were having a discussion about movies being based on video games vs video games based on movies. Which will give us the best result???? I'm also taking this opportunity to say "Hi" to our friends from the Gamers Lounge Smiley Wink

The Arkham Batman games are a great example of games based on a movie character and Mortal Kombat is the other way around.

What do you think friends? Feel free to comment and share your thoughts on this! 

The Movie Hitman was awesome. I thought the movie was far better than the video game. Have you seen that movie?

SuperFred
Rockstar

Good example @ET , thanks for sharing and yes, it was pretty good.

SuperFred
Rockstar

You're correct so I'll use the Star Wars movies as an example, they have cool video games based on the movies. Funny no one mentioned Street Fighter, which was based on a video game and it was a terrible movie Smiley Wink

Thanks for replying @BobaSeb !

xray
All-Star
I thought the 2006 movie Silent Hill was pretty good. It didn't get good reviews mostly due to the confusing story line but hey, it's based on a video game so what do you expect? What I liked was the cinematography and Radha Mitchell.

The action in Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, the first 2 or so Resident Evil movies, and the first Mortal Kombat were fun IMO! Smiley Happy But man that super mario brothers movie was soooo cringe worthy! Yikes! 

Silent Hill was a drastically underrated movie all around in my opinion.

Most Helpful

Played the first game, but haven't watched the movie yet! 

SuperFred
Rockstar

Mario Bros the movie was even worst than Street fighter...thanks for replying Dimo-X!

How dare you bag on Street Fighter? smh.

1Snj.gif

SuperFred
Rockstar

Was it even released in BluRay??? 

Image result for street fighter gif

Obviously.

51FyEWreKKL.jpg

SuperFred
Rockstar

Honestly, I didn't even search for it and I'm sure not going to buy it Smiley Happy