cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find/install Pik TV

musicfreakcat
Organizer

I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong.  I've just set up my Chromcast with GoogleTV on my dumb TV.  I follow the Telus instructions and search for the App it's not there. All I get is youtube videos.  I've tried going through Google Play store and again all I get are youtube vids. I'm getting annoyed as this should be easy! What am I missing/doing wrong? Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

From the main screen (home) the very top you should see (Search, for you, movies, shows, apps, library) select “Apps” click the center button, scroll down to search for apps, click center button, type in piktv and click the magnify glass button. Once installed login with your Telus credentials.

Should pop up for you to select and install. Make sure you are also running the latest Android to version on your chrome cast with google tv. (Settings>system>about>system update).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

From the main screen (home) the very top you should see (Search, for you, movies, shows, apps, library) select “Apps” click the center button, scroll down to search for apps, click center button, type in piktv and click the magnify glass button. Once installed login with your Telus credentials.

Should pop up for you to select and install. Make sure you are also running the latest Android to version on your chrome cast with google tv. (Settings>system>about>system update).

Hi @WestCoasterBC ,

Thanks for you reply. This is what I have been doing.  The results I get are "PikTV on Youtube" with youtube vids below it.

The software was current.

Any other ideas?

musicfreakcat
Organizer

Finally got it to work.  Did a factory reset and decided this time to use my phone instead of the TV. Had no problems at all.

What a headache!

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @musicfreakcat 

I'm glad that you got it figured out. Unfortunately, TELUS has no control over different device UIs or search results, and some are more user friendly than others. In case it helps others out - there is a support article here: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/install-pik-tv-chromecast-google-tv