cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated TELUS app on android TV

Mudher
Neighbour
I have Sony TV and I have just updated the Pik TV app and I wish I didn’t. After more than a year with NO updates at all, that is all what could come up with TELUS? Very disappointed. This new app is full of bugs. The worse one is I cannot watch on demand content I’m already subscribed to. It keeps saying your subscription is expired which is not true. I hate the old app but I wish I could roll back to it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Mudher 

Our development team has resolved the bugs discovered when the app was rolled out and released a new version to the Google Play Store yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience - please ensure that you've got the latest update installed. As @NFtoBC mentioned, access to On Demand content should be unrelated to the app update itself - there may be an issue with how your account is set up which will require agent intervention. What channels/shows are you missing? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may beed to contact Telus directly for them to update your account, so your subscription shows correctly.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Mudher 

Our development team has resolved the bugs discovered when the app was rolled out and released a new version to the Google Play Store yesterday. Apologies for the inconvenience - please ensure that you've got the latest update installed. As @NFtoBC mentioned, access to On Demand content should be unrelated to the app update itself - there may be an issue with how your account is set up which will require agent intervention. What channels/shows are you missing? 

Thanks for the replay. Yes I can access the On demand content that I am subscribed to now but there are other bugs.

1- the app sometimes just freezes and doesn't respond. It happens 4-5 times weekly at least. The only way to make work is to go to apps in the system setting and force stop and then restart it.

2- when you press channel up or down on the remote, the app takes you to the next channel in the ( general lineup) even if you are not subscribed to this channel ending up in seeing an error message. I want to be taken to the channels I'm subscribed to only please.

3- the whole app interface  is not intuitive. Telus have a look on Bell app ( Fibe TV) and learn from them. 

4- opening live broadcast can be difficult sometimes as the channels guide doesn't update itself. many times when I go to the channels guide and press on a channel, I will not be taken to that channel live broadcast, instead I will be taken to another window that give me options like watching recorded broadcast. 

4- Pik TV needs a lot of improvement Telus.

Bure1096
Neighbour

The New Telus TV+ on my phone is saying when I try to watch a program is says. Your rental has expired or this program is not included in your subscription.

How is this possible. 

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Bure1096 

You can see this error message in a few different scenarios:

• you attempt to watch a movie that you previously rented and your rental period has expired
  • you attempt to watch a live channel that you are not subscribed to
  • you attempt to watch an On Demand episode associated to a channel that you are not subscribed to

If you are certain that you are subscribed to this channel and/or have the appropriate subscription on your acount, there may be an account synchronization issue. I'd recommend using the chat function at telus.com/tvsupport to have an agent resolve the issue.