Unable to install apps like facebook watch, Plex on PIK TV Currently

Highlighted
Resident

Hi I just received my new pik tv box today and would like to install other apps Like  plex, cbc news, crave, facebook watch etc on it but was unable to do so from google play store.I have the latest android 7.1.1..Is there any restriction on the box from downloading any apps from google play.

thanks

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not all apps are available to pik tv as it runs the Android TV platform a special core version of the android OS. What you see on the playstore is available to the device.

CBC news, plex can be installed. Make sure you have updated all the core google apps on the device first. 

You can check by launching the play store, scroll down to my apps. Make sure all updates are installed.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Resident

I cant even install CBC and  plex.Once i click on install , you get the circle with a black screen.All other modules are up to date..

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Power cycle the box (reboot) and try again. There is no limitations in installing those apps on the piktv device. I have verified them as well and installed it no problem on mine.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.