TMN GO access

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Why can't PIK users who subscribe to the Movie Network not access their site / app? When you try to login it says you must be an Optik TV subscriber. Seems like we should have access when paying the same subscription price.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s the same reason Telus Satellite & PikTV customers can’t access it. Bell owns the rights to HBO, TMN and others and won’t give access to them via the app.

If you pay for a channel it should be made available to you regardless of the service. Bell thinks otherwise. A complaint to the CRTC on Bell about this issue should be brought up. Has been going on for years.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s the same reason Telus Satellite & PikTV customers can’t access it. Bell owns the rights to HBO, TMN and others and won’t give access to them via the app.

If you pay for a channel it should be made available to you regardless of the service. Bell thinks otherwise. A complaint to the CRTC on Bell about this issue should be brought up. Has been going on for years.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour
It's known as a perk for Bell customers but what I don't get is if Bell Cable isn't available in the West then how can they still keep access to the TMN app exclusive? I know Bell offers a satellite package in the West but who uses a satellite these days?

Edit: make a complaint here: http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/
Highlighted
Connector

It's not a Bell exclusive; Telus Optik TV customers in the West get access to TMN GO with no problem. Is there any confirmation that this is Bell's decision not to extend that to Pik TV? I assume it's Telus wanting to keep Pik TV as a budget service with fewer features than Optik.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Belll doesn’t allow it for Telus satellite customers or PikTV customers. It has nothing with Telus not wanting to offer it.

As stated earlier customers should file a complaint with the CRTC. When paying for a channel it shouldn’t matter what platform it’s on. Access should be given to the online one as well.

Highlighted
Connector

@WestCoasterBCDo you have proof that this in fact Bell who is deciding this?  I find it hard to believe that Bell cares if they are getting the money for the subscription regardless.  It would make more sense to me that Telus would be blocking this to get users to go to their "premium" OptikTV service.  Sure Bell would have to add PikTV to their valid providers sign on list, but I would bet that Telus hasn't even asked them to.