cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some else name pops up on account

Lanna911
Neighbour
Very eerie brand new Apple box 4K and when I got into to Telus page on Pik tv to sign it has already signed me in as Eva Mendoza. First off why is someone else name on my stuff!! My first month has been a disaster after switching from Shaw with mixed thoughts on “skinnier tv” I didn’t get proper channels, spend an hour with very patient Telus guy to reset everything but it still irks me that someone else info and not having proper service because by default I was Eva Mendoza on my Pik tv on gene Apple TV box
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Lanna911 

If the box was shrink-wrapped, it was definitely a brand new box that no one else has used before; TELUS does not currently have a refurbishment process for Apple TVs. This is definitely strange, it sounds like something got mixed up in the back end. We've recently made enhancements to our Zero Sign On program with Apple, so hopefully this solves the problem you encountered. I'll send you a private message to see if we can sort this out - I'm sorry for the inconvenience! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Lanna911 

Did you buy the Apple TV from TELUS, or did you purchase it somewhere else? Was the first time you connected your Apple TV done on your TELUS home internet? 

Apple TVs are enabled with Zero Sign On, which should recognize your TELUS home internet connection and TV subscription, download the Pik app and log you in. Maybe there was an error somewhere along the line.

If there is an unwanted account saved on your Apple TV, you can always remove it by going to the Apple TV home screen and then navigating to Settings --> General --> Previously-Used Emails --> Edit and then clicking on the trash can beside the unwanted username. If you log in user your My TELUS username and password, you should have access to all of the channels you signed up for.

I bought an Apple TV from TELUS brand new and shrink wrapped. It initially connected myself Apple TV with new internet too few weeks ago. I had to call because I still wasn’t getting any chosen channels few weeks after. I did not have to sign ( it recognized internet and Pik tv ) but still had to logout of someone else account. Eva Mendoza (assuming another customer name) and had to manually sign in with my info. It was weird. I got a new Apple box ( either is was refurbished and they did not erase the name ) or Telus system did not erase a customers name and default settings. I feel I shouldn’t have to do any of this ( reset, sign out) on apparently a new Apple box with new internet with new Pik tv subscription. That a breach of someone else account and privacy. I have kept all screen shots.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Lanna911 

If the box was shrink-wrapped, it was definitely a brand new box that no one else has used before; TELUS does not currently have a refurbishment process for Apple TVs. This is definitely strange, it sounds like something got mixed up in the back end. We've recently made enhancements to our Zero Sign On program with Apple, so hopefully this solves the problem you encountered. I'll send you a private message to see if we can sort this out - I'm sorry for the inconvenience!