Programming remote for my Vizio Soundbar

rcrh
Connector

I can't get the PIK TV remote to control my vizio sound bar.  I've tried programming it as a "TV" and as a "Home Theatre".  I've also tried all five of the code options that are presented for each.

The soundbar is a Vizio SB3851-D0

Any suggestions?

rcrh
Connector

four months on and the PikTV remote still won't control my soundbar.  

Is there a fix for this?

Karen987
Resident

@rcrh wrote:

I can't get the PIK TV remote to control my vizio sound bar.  I've tried programming it as a "TV" and as a "Home Theatre".  I've also tried all five of the code options that are presented for each.

The soundbar is a Vizio SB3851-D0

Any suggestions?

Press and hold the INPUT button on the remote control for 3 seconds to enable the auto input detect function. Press and hold the button on the remote. The Sound Bar will be discoverable for 15 minutes. You can now search for the Sound Bar using your Bluetooth Device.

Highlighted
rcrh
Connector

This sounds promising except that the remote for the PikTV doesn't have an "input" button.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Karen987 doesn't have Telus services. It's an account that was used to post spam which has already been removed. The text in that user's post was copied out of a manual for one model of Vizio soundbar from two separate instructions. First was for input (on the sound bar's remote) and the second sentence was from bluetooth pairing, which is separate in the instruction guide.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy