PikTV VOD On,y showing as Upcoming

Ditzygypsy
Neighbour

This happened to me when I tried to watch something the other day, but I can’t remember which movie it was, and today I saw that Men with Brooms has been available VOD for awhile and will be until 2020, so I went to my app, found the VOD listing (it says VOD, not LIVE), but it only shows it as “upcoming” and has the “Other Airings” button, but no “Play” button for VOD.

I am subscribed to the channel.

i am on iPad (mini 4) and iPhone 8

I do not have the box because I use the iPod app directly on my devices.

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Community Power User
Community Power User

So SuperChannel. It appears on Pik that that movie isn't available as VOD. It is available as playable VOD on Optik though. Not sure why it isn't available to play now on Pik.  

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User
(Removed previous content) irrelevant.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Ditzygypsy
Neighbour

Thank you for letting me know. You’re on iOS only too?

Community Power User
Community Power User

In the iOS Pik TV app I cannot get it to work. It just says "Other airings". Same goes for the actual Pik TV box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Ditzygypsy
Neighbour

Ok, well at least I know it’s not just me, and apparently not just happening on iOS mobile devices. This isn’t the first movie I’ve had this happen with in the past week. I wish I could remember what the other one was that I tried, but I have no short term memory anymore, lol. Thank you for trying it and posting.

Ditzygypsy
Neighbour

I’m sorry to bother you. I’m new on the forum, and I can see that you are very experienced, so I was wondering what “Removed Precious Content” means on here? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I’m sorry, and I don’t want to do it again. Thank you.

Community Power User
Community Power User

I've never encountered an error like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Cat Happy

Community Power User
Community Power User
Good old autocorrect typo “previous” 😂

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Jacolyn
Resident

I also had this same issue for a channel I subscribe to. The Telus rep tried to tell me this channel does not allow VOD on PIK.  I asked him why it actually showed the option to do so if not available?  He said he will look into it.  Basically Telus is good at ignoring what they feel are "small" defects.  Only till a large group of people complain will they fix it.  He said he will look into it but I am assuming not enough people have complained yet.