cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik Tv problems

John2498
Neighbour
All of a sudden my pik tv is constantly freezing. Has Telus done something different. It has worked great for over three years. I use an adapter to play it on my tv.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

As far as I know, there were no encryption changes, but there may have been digital rights configuration changes - I'll have to check with our development team. 

Unfortunately, this setup isn't officially supported, since there are so many possible configurations, and there have always been content provider restrictions on mirroring a mobile device to the TV, either wired or wirelessly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @John2498 

What kind of device/adapter are you using? The last app update for the Android mobile app was in late February and for iOS was 2 weeks ago.  

Hi KHR

I’m using iOS either my tablet or iPhone then a lightning/HDMI adapter to display on my Samsung tv. Did the last update change the encryption or something?

Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 27, 2021, at 08:23, TELUSsa Neighbourhoods <TELUSNEIGHBOURHOOD> wrote:

Hi John2498,
KHR (TELUS Employee) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:
Re: Pik Tv problems

Hi @John2498

What kind of device/adapter are you using? The last app update for the Android mobile app was in late February and for iOS was 2 weeks ago.
Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

TELUS Neighbourhood sent this message to
You are receiving this email because you were @mentioned.To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription &amp; notification settings or unsubscribe.</TELUSNEIGHBOURHOOD>

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

As far as I know, there were no encryption changes, but there may have been digital rights configuration changes - I'll have to check with our development team. 

Unfortunately, this setup isn't officially supported, since there are so many possible configurations, and there have always been content provider restrictions on mirroring a mobile device to the TV, either wired or wirelessly.