cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV

Salter
Neighbour

Why am I getting an error code 4442413 maximum sessions for platform group exceeded. I have no idea what it means or how to get rid of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Salter 

Are you saying that you have one Pik TV box, and you unplug it from one TV and plug it in on two other TVs? And you don't ever run the Pik mobile app, or the app on any Android TV devices or computer browsers either?

This is strange that it's isolated to one TV, and to be honest, not something I've ever come across before. What brand of TV is it? I'd recommend logging out and force quitting the app before you unplug it (to force quit, from the Android TV home screen, go to settings -> Apps -> Pik TV -> Force stop). If you still come across the error, you could try clearing the Pik TV cache (from the Android TV home screen, go to settings -> Apps -> Pik TV -> Clear cache), but if it's always happening on the same TV and no other devices are running, I'm not sure if this will work.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Salter 

You can watch Pik TV on two devices at the same time. The error you're experiencing is due to the limitation of the number of concurrent streams. To get rid of the error, you'll need to stop playback on one of your devices. If you're only watching on 1 or 2 devices, you could try logging out of any devices that you've previously used or logging out of your TV provider if you're using an Apple device. It's worth noting that there may be a slight delay when you switch between devices for the old stream to 'close' on the back end before the new stream becomes available.

We switch our pik box among three tv’s so it is always only running one device. It works on two of the three tv’s but will not work on one of the tv’s. This problem started about a week ago and I cannot seem to get rid of it. It happens on live and on demand on that one tv. Should we log out on that one tv? Is that what you are suggesting? Why would it just start happening? Thank you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Salter 

Are you saying that you have one Pik TV box, and you unplug it from one TV and plug it in on two other TVs? And you don't ever run the Pik mobile app, or the app on any Android TV devices or computer browsers either?

This is strange that it's isolated to one TV, and to be honest, not something I've ever come across before. What brand of TV is it? I'd recommend logging out and force quitting the app before you unplug it (to force quit, from the Android TV home screen, go to settings -> Apps -> Pik TV -> Force stop). If you still come across the error, you could try clearing the Pik TV cache (from the Android TV home screen, go to settings -> Apps -> Pik TV -> Clear cache), but if it's always happening on the same TV and no other devices are running, I'm not sure if this will work.  

Your suggestion resolved the problem by doing the Force Stop. I did not have to Clear Cache. It seems to be working now on the TV that was giving the problem. Thank you for your prompt assistance.