Pik TV travelling

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector
Hi, can i take my piktv box with me while travelling across canada and still watch all channels we subscribe to? Yes we will have access to various wifi locations during our travels.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

In most cases yes but there will be restrictions. Some channels will only be available while you are connected to your home network. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

In most cases yes but there will be restrictions. Some channels will only be available while you are connected to your home network. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also use the PikTV App or watch through a browser

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector
Yes i am aware of the app but i want to watch on a normal tv
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Yup you can, but expect some channels will block or not viewable,a good thing is you can still watch on netflix 😄 

Highlighted
Resident
I found the app is pretty much useless when travelling- Outside of Canada that is, you will have to use some kind of a vpn app. But they slow everything down, so you wont even be able to watch anything anyways...
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The owners of the broadcast rights determine the availability. Telus has rights to deliver programming only in Canada. PikTV was never meant to be the means to Take It With You, Streaming to your mobile device is a convenience only. You would need to look to other options, such as may be available from the original programming sites themselves.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"