Pik TV is now on Apple TV

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nivende2 wrote:

Has anyone connected a ATV 4K to their modem via coaxial to ethernet adaptors at both ends ?

Mine is connected by Ethernet. If you can't get an Ethernet cable to the location of your ATV, you could try MOCA and coax, or Boost Wi-Fi to improve your Wi-Fi signal.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
stephenathome
Resident

I created an account on this community for the sole reason of reporting that I have the exact same issue. I have an AppleTV 4th gen with piktv app and it goes black during live TV streaming. I'll watch for some more specifics but it is pretty annoying, and the fact that so relatively few people with this setup have had the same issue leads me to believe it's likely systemic. Hopefully can be resolved as it is quite annoying!

Nivende2
Connector

How do you connect  the MOCA's .  At the T3200  router can I connect to the cable outlet using the cable output on the router or do I connect to the cable outlet using a lan port and a MOCA,  At the  ATV end i  have a cable connection so I would need another MOCA.  Basically how can  run ethernet to my ATV using my Shaw coax in between the router and the ATV using MOCA's ?

Nivende2
Connector

I figured out that I just need one Telus MOCA ECB6200 to get ethernet to my ATV  via coaxial from T3200M. The trouble is having ethernet to my ATV going to  solve the black screen issue ? Does Telus sell the ECB6200 ? 

Community Power User
Community Power User

They are available at BestBuy. You may be shocked at the price, though.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Dane
Advisor

They are a little cheaper on amazon.ca and also appears to be actiontec selling them.

Nivende2
Connector

We have reached the end of the road on our PIK ATV app experiment. Telus hooked up the modem directly by ethernet.  The PIK went to black screen just like when the ATV was on WIFI.  I hope that Telus can resolve this problem for other users sometime in the future. Do not buy a ATV with the hope of a working Apple ATV app. Telus did try to fix the problem but  something must be wrong with the app. My ATV works fine except for the PIK app.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Nivende2 - I'm going to send you a private message for some details, thank you for sharing on this forum and I do hope that I can resolve the problems that you're experiencing. 

Nivende2
Connector

I should add that the Android box works and that Telus has tried hard to resolve the problem.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

This is awesome! great milestone. Is there a timeline for being able to cast PikTV from our phones?

Community Power User
Community Power User
To my knowledge there isn’t any provider in Canada that allows live tv casting.
Nivende2
Connector

I ran a Apple TV 4K - PIK  test on my other TV but had the same results - A black screen after about 90 minutes. Must be the app or network is the problem.  Whether via wifi or ethernet - the results were the same. 

YVRcub
Friendly Neighbour

Same here... just got Pik TV... and on Apple TV, after around 90 min, black screen... close the app, and was able to get back... but definitely it’s error with app or network etc... I have the feeling, Telus got a setting ... since everybody seems to get it around 90 min...

hope for a fix soon.

YVRcub
Friendly Neighbour

Also I noticed... this is not on the Apple TV app, but the iPad app... when I tried to connect to CBC French, I always get a messaging impossible to view unless I’m on my Telus network... and I am... weird.