Pik TV is now on Apple TV

Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at the thread here.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
clint17
Coach

Hi

I'm too old to fall for a fishing scam!

"

• TELUS account number (found on your bill)
  • App store account associated with the device(s) that you will be using for Pik TV trials

"

clint17

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi!

We are trying to recruit more testers for both Apple TV and iPhone/iPad. Sumeet is a member of our Product Development team helping us to extend the trial group so you may not have been as familiar with her on this forum.

I do hope that if you're interested you join our test group. We pushed out a new Pik TV app update last night for Apple TV which should resolve the black screen issue and also has some new features like auto-play next episode when watching an On Demand TV Series.

Either way, I'm interested in hearing you're feedback so if you don't want to join the trial please continue to post on here or you can send me your feedback directly.

Thanks again for your support,
Tanya

Product Development Team

Nivende2
Advocate
So far no black screen! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
iPIK
Resident

Hi Nivende2,

Do you know if the App you tested has officially rolled out or not?  I missed my chance to be a tester.

Thanks,

Eric

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Just to close off the question in case anyone else was wondering, but the black screen issue was fixed on April 4th. 

Thanks again to everyone providing feedback in this forum!

Nivende2
Advocate
I am only on a test group for the iPhone app not the TV app and no it has not.

Sent from my iPhone
Mmcshannock
Resident
Hello! Can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere! But does Pik TV use data when watched on an Apple TV? And what about on a laptop while at home using my TELUS internet
TIA
Nivende2
Advocate
PIK is a IPTV encrypted signal through a private network. Netflix is through the public internet. No , PIK does not use
your data but Netflix does.

The Apple TV does not change the nature of the signal. The-set box decodes the signal.

Sent from my iPhone