Pik TV has arrived!

scottjberry
Resident

Just started looking into this PIK TV.

Can anyone confirm,

I can watch live tv on all subscribed channels, but not record anything. If I miss a show on TLC or Global Calgary, I can watch it on demand.

How soon after the live airing does it go to on demand? Hard to stay away from Big Brother spoilers!!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes you can watch live, but not record.

Video on Demand is dependent on the decision of the copyright holder as to when or if it becomes available later.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
LindaRBrown
Resident

dru wrote:

It's new; it's hip, but what is it?

Our Pik TV Product Manager talks a bit about the journey from idea to launch.

All your questions about Pik TV can be found on our site - check it out.

Need help setting up Pik TV? Check out our how-tos and troubleshooting guides here.

Burning questions? Don't hesitate to introduce yourself and engage our community Smiley Happy

Thanks for your information. Where can I find channel list updates?

Community Power User
Community Power User
To see what channels are availble. https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/channels
Kab
Connector

Could you pm me as well as to how to get the channels that are not coming in. On my iPad and a android box there are channels that do not come in. Thanks in advance

Community Power User
Community Power User

The channels will depend on which ones you have subscribed to. Are the channels you subscribed to not working? Do you see an error message? Also which Android box? The Pik TV box or a third party Android box?

Kab
Connector

The channels that are not coming in are ones that I subscribe to. The android box is a Minix. I have not received th pik box yet. There are 8 channels not coming in. No I do not have a vpn running. I am at home on my Telus network.IMG_1671.PNG

Community Power User
Community Power User

The missing channels will become available to you once you have the PikTV device connected to your network and fully set up. If you move it to another network, even a subnet on your home network, they will disappear again. The PikTV device provides some form of credential to your local network.

NFtoBC
Kab
Connector

Cool. Good to know. Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User

I had the same message tonight. Rebooted the Pik TV box and it went away.

Steve_J_K
Resident
I live in Calgary - Hidden Valley I can’t get PIK, or internet, or Optik from Telus. What’s the deal? I live in the middle of a major city. I’d love to leave Shaw, but you don’t have any services available to me.
AaronBR
Resident

Yeah. This doesn't make sense. I've read a post by another available that is available all across Alberta.

My internet speed of 25 mbps is sufficient so I have no idea why it isn't available in my area. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

I have 25mbps and Pik TV. Works fine for me. I'd recommend double checking with the sales people. Pik should be available as long as you don't have Optik currently.

AaronBR
Resident
I called Support and apparently it is still only available in areas that provide Optik TV. Seems like they are limiting potential consumers for no reason? Or there is something else network related required in the area.
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'd guess they need similar network bandwidth to deliver PikTV as Optik, so areas where they have not installed the needed infrastructure may not be able to avail of the service yet.

NFtoBC
AfterMath
Connector

I'm enjoying my Pik TV, but the specialty channels to which I subscribe (HGTV, Discovery, etc.) are broadcast at Eastern times in the Pacific time zone. Thus, what would be considered primetime (7:00 - 9:00 pm) in BC, I end up watching programs that are being broadcast at 10:00 pm - 1:00 am EST. Why can't Telus fix this so that I can watch primetime programming in BC when it's primetime in BC?

HereticWild
Connector

Can I get Pik TV?

To subscribe to Pik TV, you must: have TELUS Internet 15 if you’re an existing TELUS Internet customer or qualify for TELUS Internet 25 if you’re new to TELUS Internet, live in BC or Alberta, and not currently be subscribed to Optik TV.

I live in BC and have TELUS Internet 15 and I am NOT subscribed to Optik TV, so why when I try to add to my account I get "Pik is not available at your address"?

Jwhp
Resident

23 channels are misleading because they include British Columbia legislature English and French.  The weather network , CPAC  -some other political channels English and French , accessible media which has a voiceover for people cannot see very well. Some other multicultural channels. So the bottom line is there is 23 specialty channels only four or five work for a specific group. for some other multicultural channels.  Four or 5 for French four or 5 channels for multicultural 4 or 5 channels for people who want to watch politics all day

Also I have eight channels that do not work (  Black screen with an error message ) and I doubt very much that Telus would be able to resolve this issue

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Jwhp

What error message are you seeing on the channels not working for you?

NFtoBC
Ronkhmps
Friendly Neighbour
Well welcome to the club.
Out of 23 channels only 5 are worthy of spending time on.
And you are right. Telus will not give a **bleep** as i brought up the same issue in april and no fixes