Pik TV - blank screen, won't launch

cousinjunior
Advisor

UPDATE: it's approx. 3 weeks now that my system is finally running properly... no more Android error every time I start up Pik TV!

wish I knew how it was fixed though....

retrogrouch
Connector

Had the pik box for a week now & like everyone else it's a total fail. Do not recommend.

Sound but no picture from the first login. Not sure how I got the picture to work eventually the first time as I was just mashing keys on the remote. Since finding this thread I have tried every suggestion. What works eventually is leaving it unplugged for 12 hours or more. Then multiple login attempts, reboots, cache clears etc. Fun, right?

Not user friendly, what's next, programming in basic using only the remote?

I had the pik box so confused/corrupted it wouldn't let me finish signing in before giving me an error message that I would have to select ok or exit & then attempt to sign in again, having lost all my precious digits I already entered. Finally unplugged it & left it for a few hours & it worked first try after that fiasco.

I left it on overnight after I got it working yesterday thinking I could watch today from the get go but no, it still crashed. Sound but no picture.

How many times should pik update? Only had one so far in a week.

If I stay on one channel too long it goes into sleep mode w/a nice screen saver picture. Hitting ok brings back the picture/sound. Normal?

@cousinjunior wrote:

UPDATE: it's approx. 3 weeks now that my system is finally running properly... no more Android error every time I start up Pik TV!

wish I knew how it was fixed though....

Is yours still working?

Is the DAC worth it?

I would like to run sound through my stereo but really don't want to spend one dime more on something that works barely half the time.

cousinjunior
Advisor

sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "home"... there is no home button on the remote, and no menus refer to home

???

Community Power User
Community Power User

@cousinjunior wrote:

sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "home"... there is no home button on the remote, and no menus refer to home

???

5CB1C991-C113-4722-861C-564DF852643F.jpeg

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
cousinjunior
Advisor

ah ha... the reason I could not find "home" on the remote is that my version of the remote does NOT have one!... instead, it is labelled with a big letter "G", in Google's colours

I observed that pushing this button multiple times brings up a screen showing the (running?) apps, and I can choose to "X" them individually... so I did that for PIK app, and it seemed to close

then I went back to home screen, and noticed that Pik app was grayed out... so I clicked on it and yes, it restarted... seems the Pik TV works fine (for now, but I doubt that will last)

for good measure, I then also disconnected the power cord and ethernet cords to the box for 60 seconds, then reconnected... now I will wait a few hours and try Pik TV again

Q: since my remote is different, do I have a newer or older version, as compared to the one posted above by NFtoBC?

(and if I have an older box, might that be the cause of my issues?)

thanks everyone for your help so far!

Community Power User
Community Power User

The Google button is news to me! My remote dates from the earliest releases of PikTV. Can you post a picture of the remote and Device you are using?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
cousinjunior
Advisor
Highlighted
y1007
Resident

OMG. I'm having exactly the same problem now!! But I've never opened this app successfully........

I found that I can't open it from my phone and browser as well. But I can use it in my office(with internet from Shaw)....Is it the problem of the internet????