Pik TV and tvOS14

Highlighted
Resident
Getting a playback error ERROR_CODE_DRMAGENT_BLOCKED on the public beta of tvOS14 on my Apple TV.

Any ideas? Tried all the things I could think of. Guessing it’s because the app doesn’t recognize the version of tvOS as legit.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You’ll have to remove the public tvOS beta to regain functionality of the app. As the app doesn’t support the beta.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident
Yeah unfortunately can’t uninstall. Figured I was SOL. Guess a warning for everyone else.
Highlighted
Resident

Also made the mistake of updating to tvOS 14 with no way back. Telus needs to fix this ASAP!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It’s always a risk with beta software that the end user acknowledges before installing it. Telus will support it when the official release is out.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident

Just bumping this - as we're numerous revisions into the tvOS 14 beta, it would be nice to see Telus release a compatible PikTV app version. They obviously must be well into that project anticipating the full release from Apple.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus won't release a compatible PikTV version until apple releases iOS 14 to the masses. Always a risk one takes with beta software and compatibility. While i am sure it's being worked on, we the public won't see it till release day.