cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV Live TV channels

mgb1aaa
Neighbour

Why does this forum keep switching from English to French?

I have just received my Telus TV Digital Box to replace my old Media Box. I have completed the installation using ethernet cable. I have no Live TV channels. Other services like Netflix and On Demand work OK. Just no Live TV channels. Any help? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@mgb1aaa 

Thanks for your reply. Tech support should be able to resolve, based on what you describe. You are probably logged in appropriately, but if you see 'N/A' under account info, it's likely that your new box is not connected to your TV account properly. If you have any further issues, please respond here and we can try to look into it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @mgb1aaa 

Can't help with the language settings on this site...but there is an EN/FR toggle in the top right of your screen. Mine defaults to EN.

For the new box, to confirm - when you navigate to 'Live TV' - you don't see anything? Or can you see the surf zones (Guide, Major networks, etc.) but nothing is playable? What happens when you press the guide button on your remote? Does the guide load but nothing is playable, or does the guide not load at all?

It sounds like there may be an issue with the connection between your account and the device, which should be able to be resolved by chatting in or calling in to technical support.

Thanks. The surf zone headings display, but there are no titles. The guide does not load. I think what’s happening is that I’m not logged in, therefore Pik doesn’t know who I am, so it can’t present any titles. I have done the log in, even switched accounts, even deliberately entered an incorrect login which it rejected. My correct logins are accepted. Under account info, it says N/A for username, so that’s why I think I’m not logged in.

I have called technical support. They’re on the case. Maybe.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@mgb1aaa 

Thanks for your reply. Tech support should be able to resolve, based on what you describe. You are probably logged in appropriately, but if you see 'N/A' under account info, it's likely that your new box is not connected to your TV account properly. If you have any further issues, please respond here and we can try to look into it. 

Thanks. I was on the phone for an hour with them and they appear stumped. They did say others have reported the same problem. I'm waiting on a callback.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I recall the same issue when my PikTV device arrived. The account had to be properly set up for the new device, and there was a few behind the scenes steps which had to occur.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you that's helpful. Telus is still working on it. I wonder if they know this.