Pik TV Error 4-44-140

BrianK
Neighbour
Is there a plan to get this error corrected. Obviously seems like it's been an issue for quite sometime. I just signed up for this service. Contacted support twice and they were unable to resolve the issue. They suggested disabling adblockers which are not active on my device.
Highlighted
Frithjof
Friendly Neighbour
It is very frustrating! Especially because the error doesn't point to any specific reason.
PulovYuran
Resident

We signed up for PikTV in July and have been receiving this error from the get-go. Every 5 to 10 minutes our playback gets interrupted with this error and we have to back out of the channel we were watching, re-enter, and hit play in order to get it going again. 

We have tried it on two different Android Devices and a laptop, and all three continue to have the same error. From searching this error on Google and on Telus, it is clear that it has persisted for a long time and no solution has been found. I have called tech support, and their response was that they are familiar with the error but they don't know what causes it, and that I should essentially just wait for a fix in a patch sometime in the future. 

Not very happy with paying for a service that doesn't work.

Community Power User
Community Power User

The only Android device on which PikTV will work is the one supplied by Telus. I don't know if this is the cause of the error, but have you tried disconnecting these devices and connecting from your laptop through telus.com/watchpik ?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
PulovYuran
Resident

You can use the PikTV app on Android devices -- does not need to be specifically from Telus: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/pik-tv-app-for-android-devices-and-browsers 

We have tried different devices, as well as the laptop. I've seen Google results for this error from 2018, so it is shocking that a year later there is still no known cause for the error. 

BrianK
Neighbour
Still been working with Telus Support for a month now regarding this issue that still does not have a solution for. They are expecting us to pay for this service and be patient until they can fix the issue. The issue is clearly their app that seems to only be updated in August. So maybe by August 2020 they will have the problem resolved since it was supposed to be fixed 3 weeks after their last update.
androidBill
Resident

Extremely frustrating!

I have tried everything in my pc web browser, and Ive tried everything with the PikTV app.  I still get error code 4-44-140.  Ive been back and forth with telus support for well over a month.  Honestly I dont even think they care.

BrianK
Neighbour
They told me that they will be releasing an update on google play store on December 6th for that issue. I'm not sure if they are correcting other platform's but we will see if it corrects the issue.
angell17
Resident

I have also been getting this error repeatedly on my Samsung Note 8. I can watch for maybe 5 minutes and then it stops and gives me the error. Very frustrating.