PIK TV screen will not go back to Guide.....tried rebooting, unplugging....any suggestions?

Soultar
Resident

TV Screen is stuck on Apps screen. When we select "PIK", screen goes black for a long time. The Pik app comes up again, we hit "OK" on the remote....black screen again for a loooong time.....and back again to the Pik app where we should just be able to open. We've rebooted, unplugged, swore loudly, apologized for swearing at it.....ready to toss out the window. Any suggestions?

Soultar
Resident

.....as a further add on to this. Simply put, the APP will not open. We have had Pik since about June. It worked fine for a while. RIght now, we can access Netflix and Youtube...that's it. 

Community Power User
Community Power User
Factory reset the device. You will lose all downloaded apps and login information. See if that will correct your issue.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Soultar wrote:

We've rebooted, unplugged, swore loudly, apologized for swearing at it.....

How characteristically Canadian!

Let us know if @WestCoasterBC's solution works.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
dominicl
Connector

@WestCoasterBC wrote:
Factory reset the device.

Indeed, I had a similar issue last month and the factory reset was the only thing that worked for me. (I had previously tried clearing the Pik app data and  uninstalling the updates, without success). Make sure you remember your Pik TV service username and password.