cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand content

phillyguy4040
Just Moved In

I just signed up for Pik TV, so I don't know the ins and outs of the On Demand content. I mostly signed up to watch Atlanta and Better Call Saul. I've been able to catch up with Atlanta stuff but the Better Call Saul episodes are not on demand, only on Live TV (which you can't pause or 'start from the beginning'). So, if I want to watch, I have to arrange my schedule around a TV show, like it's 30 years ago (or pay for full cable). Am I missing something?

Is there a list of what shows are on demand before you sign up? Because the Pik TV info I saw on Telus did not make this clear...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

I am checking with our On Demand team - normally we do get current season episodes of Better Call Saul On Demand, but the first 2 episodes just aired last Monday, so there may have been a delay due to the Easter long weekend. There may also have been a change in the content rights availability from the provider; AMC (the content provider) recently launched the AMC+ streaming service in Canada, so they may not be allowing On Demand viewing. They have also sold the rights for back-seasons to Netflix, so for seasons 1-5 you'll want to look there. When I hear back, I'll share an update.

If you want the ability to pause live TV, restart, record, etc. then your best bet would be to sign up for Optik TV - our full-featured TV service. Pik is more of a discount service with fewer features. 

As for which shows are available On Demand, unfortunately this list would be almost impossible to maintain and keep up-to-date. There are over 100 channels available on Pik, with dozens of shows per channel. Different content providers allow different levels of On Demand availability - at the low end, some only provide access for the 30 days following original air date, at the high end, some provide entire back-catalogues, and this may be different even within shows on a given channel, so On Demand availability is constantly changing. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

I am checking with our On Demand team - normally we do get current season episodes of Better Call Saul On Demand, but the first 2 episodes just aired last Monday, so there may have been a delay due to the Easter long weekend. There may also have been a change in the content rights availability from the provider; AMC (the content provider) recently launched the AMC+ streaming service in Canada, so they may not be allowing On Demand viewing. They have also sold the rights for back-seasons to Netflix, so for seasons 1-5 you'll want to look there. When I hear back, I'll share an update.

If you want the ability to pause live TV, restart, record, etc. then your best bet would be to sign up for Optik TV - our full-featured TV service. Pik is more of a discount service with fewer features. 

As for which shows are available On Demand, unfortunately this list would be almost impossible to maintain and keep up-to-date. There are over 100 channels available on Pik, with dozens of shows per channel. Different content providers allow different levels of On Demand availability - at the low end, some only provide access for the 30 days following original air date, at the high end, some provide entire back-catalogues, and this may be different even within shows on a given channel, so On Demand availability is constantly changing. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @phillyguy4040 

Apologies for the delay - but Season 6 episodes 1 and 2 of Better Call Saul have been uploaded to On Demand. Episode 3 should be coming soon, and then subsequent episodes within a few days after the Monday evening airings; we aim for 24 hours, but some content providers are a little quicker than others at providing the files.

It's showing up for me and working on mobile but not via the Pik TV app on Android TV (Shield).  The show is listed but no episodes and no way to play.

Thx1138
Just Moved In
I couldnt find the season 6 episodes on demand doe a couple of weeks. They showed up last Sunday, but with the content not matching the episode numbers.
I was able to watch the 1st 3 episodes of Better Call Saul season 6 via PIK 5 on demand via my apple tv.

I thought it was all working again, so I didnt watch the show live on Monday.

I just tried to get caught up today and once again, nothing is available via on demand. The show times aren't wven listed. This is crazy.

Why pay for the channel?

In the same boat. Honestly, it is a why bother if they don’t get Saul on demand again.