New update for Pik TV!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

AfterMath
Coach

I definitely agree with @Kab. Didn't someone in the Telus organization actually do some 'user-testing' before launching an error-filled update? I cannot say it is much of an update, if the functionality has been degraded. If there is to ever be another 'functioning' update, the user should have the ability to deselect from the regular assortment of channels in the guide, if they are of no use to him/her. i.e., I'd like to have the option to deselect channels like OMNI, CPAC, etc. from my guide and hence, personalize the guide so I don't have to scroll/jump through channel that do not interest me.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@AfterMath @Kab @Scoots @someone_9e9 @WestCoasterBC

Good news!  We pushed an update to resolve the "no information available" bug in the guide this morning.  Your box will automatically update within 24 hours or you can reboot your box to force the update now.

@someone_9e9 gotcha, let me pass along your suggestion to the team.

@AfterMath thanks for your suggestion on deselecting channels I'll pass it along to the team.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@melissaji i seen it pushed this morning.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@WestCoasterBC glad it worked!

Scoots
Connector
@melissaj Good to see the update for the no information bug, it's nice to see what's actually on in the guide Smiley Happy

Do you know if/when a fix will occur for the guide opening up to the wrong channel?
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Scoots I PMed you, hoping to get your help fixing the guide opening to the wrong channel bug you reported.

AfterMath
Coach
Update is better. Just have to fix the “last channel visited” issue for the guide.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@AfterMathcan you expand on the issue. (Or same issue as below still?) @Melissaj can you look into this.

Thanks

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
AfterMath
Coach
She is already aware of the issue. Previous post.
someone_9e9
Ambassador
Hey sorry again late reply
Yes my menu works everything good again so far but the menu doesnt align still so if im on tlc and open guide it says im on space etc
But so far so good
AfterMath
Coach

I'm wondering @melissaj if you and the team have had an opportunity to address the issue where the guide does not open to the last channel visited? It has not been fixed yet, and it is a most annoying issue.

clint17
Coach

Fully agree. I'm happy with PikTV, but this really ruins the otherwise good experience. I'm in the Okanagan and i have the media box. The five very first channels work as advertised but selecting a channel higher than five messes everything up. If I go back to one of the first five channels then it's ok again. I can repeat this as often as I want to.

Too easy to fix? Pls kick yourself and get some results!

clint

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey @AfterMath and @clint17 et al.

We know this bug has been a source of frustration and want you to reassure you that we haven't forgotten about it or stopped moving forward with getting it fixed. Unfortunately we don't have a timeline to share at the moment but want you to know that it hasn't slipped off the team's plate and we're looking forward to sharing news when we can.

Thanks, as always, for letting us know what's going on.

Scoots
Connector
@Scoto this really should be at the top of the to do list, since it's been an issue for a while now. Seriously thinking of dropping the service because if this minor issue can't be fixed in a timely manner it makes me worried how long a major issue will take to fix.
Highlighted
Scoots
Connector
Still nothing on the guide issue? Guess I'm canceling PikTV after the world juniors are over. This has been driving me nuts for months and still no fix. Telus really shouldn't have rolled out a service that they obviously don't care too much about, or maybe they need a better tech team, because I don't know of any paid service that would get away with having an issue like this for months on end without having to fix it. It's a shame because I had such high hopes for PikTV when it came out, but the lack of support is disappointing.
bb123
Connector

I spoke with a Telus rep this AM about a different issue but also raised the guide error issue. I was told that it will be fixed in a update coming in March. No idea why it will take so long, it's ridiculously frustrating. 

tporter2u
Helpful Neighbour

Yikes, this guide problem has been going on for several months already and now it could be fixed in March? That would be roughly half a year I think. Oyy. I really hope it happens sooner.

Scoots
Connector
The same guide issue for months on end with no fix in sight for another few months (if that even happens)? Bye bye PikTV, and all your annoying glitches, there's only so much I can take. Canceled and probably not coming back after this terrible experience.
Cor1
Resident

I don't see either the PIK TV under my Apps or the notice that it is updated (Google Play Store)

So how do a go about updating my PIK box since it displays a number of bugs

Cor1
Resident

@melissajwrote:

@AfterMath thank you for details on your guide issue, I'll pass your feedback onto the team to investigate.  As for YouTube that I'm not sure since our update was only to the Pik TV app not YouTube.  I tried voice on my box in the YouTube app and it's working fine.  Did you try rebooting the box?  And lastly the "updating" message on the Pik TV app from the Android TV home screen.  Do you have a moment to check the Play Store?  Under My Apps in the Play Store do you see an update for Pik TV or does it say it's already updated?

I don't see either the PIK TV under my Apps or the notice that it is updated (Google Play Store)

So how do a go about updating my PIK box since it displays a number of bugs