New Telus Customer, New Pik TV Service

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Bex
Resident

Have to be honest. Not too impressed with this new Pik TV service. I've had the box a couple weeks and its been a nightmare of inconvenience to navigate, use, access shows and just recently (last night) the cable box won't even turn on and its brand spanking new! I bought Google Chromecast previously and it works a charm! No disconnections in the middle of a streamed show. Netflix runs perfect. I find every show I watch via Pik it jumps to the next episode in the middle of the initial episode and freezes. I will be getting rid and trying something else on the market.

Community Power User
Community Power User

I recommend using it on Apple TV the difference is night and day performance wise compared to it's android counterpart.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
clint17
Coach

Bex

Before you even spend a single penny on a Apple box read all the posts about it first. You are going to find out rather quickly that it's not working either!

Telus - the future still sucks!

Community Power User
Community Power User

@SantasLittleHelper seems to have a remedy for that situation that will be released soon as seen here.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Nivende2
Advocate

The Apple solution does work well. If I get a black screen, I can get it going again in about 15 seconds . Annoying but still manageable.

PS. Apple is going to revise the Apple remote app for iOS in version 12.3 is my  understanding.