Hope someone can help me with this.
Every time I try to play a Netflix title I get a tvq-pb-101 error. I've tried everything I can think of including:
- Disconnecting power from Pik box.
- Pushing reset button on back of Pik box.
- Clearing cache and data (factory reset) on Pik app (several times).
- Reinstalling Netflix app. Other streaming apps seem to work fine.
If it wasn't such an ordeal to switch providers, I think I would have tossed my glitchy Pik boxes long ago and moved to Shaw.
This looks like a Netflix error, not a Pik TV error. Clearing the data and cache of the Pik app is unlikely to help. A quick Google search yielded a number of Netflix help articles, including:
If their troubleshooting steps don't work, I'd try the following with the Netflix app:
1. Ensure it's up-to-date, and log out and then back in
2. Try to Force stop the app (Android TV home --> Settings --> Apps --> Netflix --> Force stop)
3. Try clearing the data and cache of the Netflix app (Android TV home --> Settings --> Apps --> Netflix --> Clear data/Clear cache)
4. Perform a factory reset of the Pik box (Android TV home --> Settings --> Device Preferences --> Reset) If you want to use the button on the back of the Pik box to reset it, you'll need to press it for 15 seconds. You should see the first time install process.
Thanks for the reply!
You're probably right, Netflix is the likely problem -- all my other streaming services work fine.
I've tried just about everything you suggested, including updating the Netflix app, but I'll go through everything step by step in case I missed something.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.