Netflix kicks out like you pressed stop!

Skulchyski
Organizer
It happens ALLL the time!! That’s what is causing Netflix to stop working. It’s almost like wait your not watching PIK so it should reload for the 10th time today!

Most frustrating and definitely not the only person experiencing this problem! I factory reset and it is doing the same thing so Dave your data and don’t bother!!
LucAI
Connector

Same experience - after 10-15 min in any app, such as Netflix, YouTube, VLC, PikTV app kicks in and closes the active app.

Maybe it's time that Telus accepts that PikTV is a failed experiment, in spite of all the good intentions.

hughchi
Resident

We’ve had Pik Tv for almost a year now but this problem has just started a week ago. After watching YouTube for about 5 or 10 minutes, it cuts out and returns to Pik Tv. Why has this problem suddenly started and what can I do to fix it?

Community Power User
Community Power User

If the experience you are seeing matches those contained in this thread, please add your comments there to keep things all in one place.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
janram
Resident
I'm having the very same issue. 10-15 minutes of Netflix and it just stops and the Pik TV app starts up. It makes the pik pretty unusable.
janram
Resident
I'm having the same problems with Netflix getting interrupted by pik tv app every 10-15 minutes. In regard to apps that are not 'Android TV approved', how do I know which apps are or are not approved?
Community Power User
Community Power User

@janram wrote:
 In regard to apps that are not 'Android TV approved', how do I know which apps are or are not approved?

If you can download them through the Apps interface on the PikTV device, you are fine. 

NFtoBC
Jeremy2
Connector
Having this issue still and also after the most recent factory reset 5 so far in 2nd band new box have 2 now. Having the Pik tv app open on Netflix is awesome too. Why are we paying to beta test a product??
Jeremy2
Connector
No no it’s all fine just need more power users telling you to reset to factory setting like they know anything about how to fix things.
WishINeverLeftShaw
Resident

Same, just joined Telus with PikTv at 2 units, what a joke.  Will not be paying a bill until they sort there **bleep** out as this is amateur hour.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@WishINeverLeftShaw wrote:

Same, just joined Telus with PikTv at 2 units, what a joke.  Will not be paying a bill until they sort there **bleep** out as this is amateur hour.

PikTV is supposed to be 1 device per Internet account. Might clashes between the 2 be part of the issue you are seeing?

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All. We've been watching your feedback and have identified an issue where the Pik apps load automatically and interrupts you while you are watching an app like Netflix or Youtube that we are working to fix. Currently I don't have an ETR to report but it's something we've prioritized.

In the meantime, please consider using the following steps to mitigate the issue:

- Double tap the Home button on the remote (button in upper left corner of the remote right below the mic label) bringing up a screen showing active apps. 

- Kill all active apps (push down on the remote and click Ok on Dismiss) other than the 3rd party app you are currently viewing (e.g. Netflix or Youtube) and Pik, and then return to the 3rd party app you wish to use, the viewing experience will no longer be interrupted by the Pik app relaunching. 

This step is to be repeated for every subsequent occurrence of the issue.

We apologize for the experience but we're working on a fix. Stay tuned! 

Jonny
Resident

@dru wrote:

In the meantime, please consider using the following steps to mitigate the issue:

- Double tap the Home button on the remote (button in upper left corner of the remote right below the mic label) bringing up a screen showing active apps. 

- Kill all active apps (push down on the remote and click Ok on Dismiss) other than the 3rd party app you are currently viewing (e.g. Netflix or Youtube) and Pik, and then return to the 3rd party app you wish to use, the viewing experience will no longer be interrupted by the Pik app relaunching. 

I tried the solution you presented here.. but Netflix is still stopping periodically. The only difference is pik TV is no longer launching itself when Netflix stops.

Jeremy2
Connector
Yeah still happens then The double press have to close piktv again at least they have acknowledged an issue. Progress!
Trev_s
Friendly Neighbour
Same issue here. Netflix and Plex keep closing and returning to Pik TV every 15-20min.

Love the idea behind Pik TV but Telus has done an extremely poor job at executing this...
Scrowlyusername
Resident

i would love to know any more of these tricks, or if theres a manual that lists more of these kinds of things please let me know. it drives me crazy that i dont know any of these things and i cant find any documentation about it. thanks

Izzybel16
Resident
Ok tried this, no luck...happens on Netflix and Spotify. Following so I can be notified when there is a solution.
Jeremy2
Connector
Yeah I’m assuming they are crediting us the $10 every month till it’s fixed yeah. Hahaha.....
rcrh
Connector

"We apologize for the experience but we're working on a fix. Stay tuned! "

We're still staying tuned - any progress being made?

Overproof
Resident

I'm having the same issue. Even after receiving a new Pik Tv Box, Netflix stops after about 10 mins. Youtube stops occasionally, but I see the loading circles then it resumes...seems like a brief loss of connectivity.