Guide does not work

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Cannot see the whole guide. Cannot make it scroll. Cannot click on a channel to watch from the guide. How is this supposed to work?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using the Pik TV box, Apple TV, iOS app, Android App, or on the website?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Android box that Telus told me to buy. I had theirs but it was not working. The escalated support manager told me to get MX one so I got the MX 10 Pro.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

So you're using an unsupported Android box that the Pik TV app was never supported or tested to run on? That would be your problem. If that box is running regular Android, the regular Android Pik TV app has no support for remotes or to be used on a set top box. If the MX 10 Pro is actually running the Android TV platform and you somehow sideloaded the APK from the Pik TV box itself on to the MX 10 Pro, there is zero guarantee it'll work since it's an unsupported device.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Telus no longer supplies boxes for Pik TV...so from what you are saying then, they are selling a product that has nothing to run on. I asked them to send me a new box and was told they do not have boxes to sell to customers anymore - customers must provide their own. Sooooo.....not sure how what you say applies as there are no longer any supported boxes provided...the Pik TV product should work from what Telus told me.

This is the email to me:

Hi x, we no longer offer the android boxes. But I have bought some at Visions and they usually have them at good prices. I know my last one I purchased was from Amazon and had it next day.

From my email: 

Can you just send me an appropriate box? I have no idea where to look for one or where to buy one…

Which came after her email about my issues: I have looked at the account and I do see that we sent you the android box, Now I do know that there have been issues with that box. What I can do is place a credit to appear on your next statement in order for you to purchase a different android box. I will place a credit for $100.00 on the account. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

This was her email on what to buy:

There are many to choose from, I know mine is a MX Pro. But if you go to Amazon and check, they will have reviews. Or even a local Visions Shop and they can tell you the best ones. I have had my Mx one now for just over a year and no issues.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The new MX Pro will be running a newer version of Android than the older Telus Pik TV Android boxes are. The app was never tested on that OS or that box itself so again there is still no guarantee it'll work. The employee should not be recommending unsupported hardware.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

So which hardware is supported?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Apparently there is no supported hardware...so back to my original question - how do I make the guide work? Anyone??

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can't make it work on non Android TV hardware.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

TELUS currently supports 2 pieces of hardware for Pik TV: Apple TV 4th generation and above, and the TELUS Pik TV Android media box. We also sell Apple TV 4K for $229 or $9.55/mo for 24 months and we sell the Pik TV Android media box for $100. There are a few more details at https://telus.com/piktv  The guide works on both of these devices, as well as on the Pik TV iOS and Android mobile apps, or on the browser version at https://telus.com/watchpik

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
it is android TV hardware

Paige Larson
Sports Physiotherapist
North Shore Sports Medicine
604-973-0242
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

"Android TV" is the operating system. It is Google's specialized version of Android custom tailored to set top boxes. Most of the cheap imported Chinese Android set top boxes are not using that system.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Why did the Telus manager not offer to send me that box when I asked? I would like you to send me one at no charge. She gave me a credit to buy one, which I did as I said. I am unable to return that one now as the box is gone to recycling. 

Highlighted
Coach

I'm in the same boat. My Pik TV guide wouldn't work yesterday and today I can't even get Pik TV to work. My other android apps work but nothing for Pik TV. I've restarted and reset (to factory defaults) the entire system. I have my original Pik TV android box. What gives?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

This is a customer-supported forum. No one here can send you a PikTV hardware device, you would need to contact Telus directly, so they can confirm your account, before any transactions can occur.

What email address responded to your initial inquiry? As stated by others, I can’t see a Telus employee directing you to buy anything other than that which @KHR @listed. It is also rare that they respond by email.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"