cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error No. 4-44-513

McFlurry
Connector

My Pik TV app on my Android smartphone works about 20% of the time. The rest of the time, I get the following error message after I have logged in and selected a show to watch: "Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error No. 4-44-513". Once I get this message, I can only click on a button labelled "Dismiss" which just brings me back to the show's main info page.

Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it? Thanks! Because of issues like this and many others I have encountered, Telus needs to do some work on Pik TV - it is quite a buggy product.

Eric McFlurry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@McFlurry unfortunately the Nexus 6 is no longer a supported device which may be why you're experiencing errors.  I'm not sure what that exact one means but let me dig into that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@McFlurry What android device and OS version? @melissaj will diag your issue and try to offer a soluton.

Thanks

Phone is a Nexus 6P (marketed by Google and manufactured by Huawei). Android OS version is 8.0.0 (all latest updates and security patches available are installed). Thanks for offering to help, I am curious to see if anyone can solve this. Pik TV app works perfectly fine sometimes, but this error message has been popping up more frequently lately. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I wonder if the app is fully 100% compatible with Android 8... The Android Pik TV app was last released in April 2017, long before 8 came out. I don't have anything that runs 8 yet (Samsung) so I can't test it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks all for your suggestions so far. I'm not so sure that my Android OS version is the issue. Magically, the Pik TV app is working fine this morning, but I guarantee it is just a matter of days - if not hours - before that error message comes back. Also, I've been getting this error message frequently ever since I signed up for Pik TV in June back when I was still on Android 7.X.

@McFlurry unfortunately the Nexus 6 is no longer a supported device which may be why you're experiencing errors.  I'm not sure what that exact one means but let me dig into that.

Just to clarify, my phone is a Nexus 6P which is not the same thing as a Nexus 6. The Nexus 6 and the 6P phones are a generation apart from each other.