cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you able to watch your favourite US shows and question about internet speed

musicfreakcat
Organizer

Hello everyone,

It seems PIK TV doesn't have the main American channels from Seattle.  In doing a quick scan in the TVlistings unless it's a repeat all evening shows (and I assume daytime as well) seem to be shown on Canadian networks anyway. Is everyone finding they're still able to watch their favourite US shows? Do most people like the service? I'm interested as it's more economical.

Also I'm on the Internet for Good program where my internet speed is 25 mbps.  Is that enough speed for PIK?  I read an old comment where it seem to work with the Internet for 25 plan but wanted to double check.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

There's pretty good overlap for programming between CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox across CTV, City TV and Global, with the notable exception being news-oriented programming. On the Canadian networks, you'll get our evening news, not the US evening news. There isn't really an equivalent for PBS programming in Canada though.

25mbps is good enough for Pik (TELUS requires a minimum of 15mbps), but your streaming quality could degrade if you have a lot of devices accessing the internet at the same time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

There's pretty good overlap for programming between CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox across CTV, City TV and Global, with the notable exception being news-oriented programming. On the Canadian networks, you'll get our evening news, not the US evening news. There isn't really an equivalent for PBS programming in Canada though.

25mbps is good enough for Pik (TELUS requires a minimum of 15mbps), but your streaming quality could degrade if you have a lot of devices accessing the internet at the same time.

polecat
All-Star

@musicfreakcat  I would think by the time you add all the channels you want you might as well go for the optik tv package.