Anybody having trouble with CTV Audio and Video getting out of sync?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
LucAI
Connector

https://youtu.be/EuxuyHiAO3E

I recorded a clip on my phone, which demonstrates the problem. Shows up at  0s, 12s, 22s. This is CBC Vancouver on channel 100 during a comedy show. The moment the image froze, I pressed "Record". Power cycling the unit by unplugging/replugging didn't help. It doesn't recover - the video just keeps stuttering.

This is not tolerable. Telus should admit that there is an issue and if it needs the help of the community to debug it, then provide the guidance on how to turn on the diagnostics, on screen, during the broadcast.

Illustrates the problem with the image freezing while the audio keeps playing (0s, 12s, 22s) This is CBC Vancouver (100), 9:25 PM.
Community Power User
Community Power User
The PikTV device isn’t the problem. Streaming YouTube, Netflix ec there isn’t an issue, eliminating bandwidth/connection issue.

The fault seems to be on the Telus backend. Now that the holidays are over, hopefully the engineers can diagnose and fix the problem.

It’s progressively been getting worse since Christmas.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Scoots
Connector
Space and CTV are awful. I can't even watch Space right now as the freeze and skip issue happens every 3-4 mins it's terrible. Yet another reason I'm canceling after the world juniors are over.