cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless tv box (ISB7105) signal strength indicator

emcee2
Coach

Shot in the dark... Anyone know a way to turn off the ISB7105 signal strength indicator that displays on the front of the unit?  I imagine the answer is no, and I will resort to putting some black tape over it 'cause I don't see any control for that in the settings menu.

Some feedback for the folks whole may have some input on the firmware code: it would be nice if the signal strength indicator actually turned off when the box is off, rather than going into a low power display mode.  That's still enough to light up a dark room at night.  Or, at least have the option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The boxes are never truly off. The display part will shut off but the box remains on, and maintains an active connection constantly. As for the firmware, that would be something Cisco would have to implement. None of the Optik boxes from Cisco have the status lights (green/blue) go out currently. Just the power light goes off.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The boxes are never truly off. The display part will shut off but the box remains on, and maintains an active connection constantly. As for the firmware, that would be something Cisco would have to implement. None of the Optik boxes from Cisco have the status lights (green/blue) go out currently. Just the power light goes off.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We stand the remote on edge in front of the box. This serves two purposes: it blocks the light from the wireless TV box, and puts the remote in a location where we can always find it.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

HomerunHallock
Neighbour

This would be a nice option!  Black electrical tape is probably the best option though...

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Personally.... I like indicator lights....

• it shows what is working when you need to diagnose a problem.
  • good night light.