why can't you guys have a glow in the dark or a light up remote for Watching TV in the dark?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

TeamCalahaisn
Resident

I always have a hard time finding the Buttons. and end up recording shows when i am trying to do the volume or change the channel 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can always purchase a logitech harmony or another third party vendor remote. I don't have any issues using it in the dark, it's like another hand.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
TeamCalahaisn
Resident

This is true but Why Cant Telus Provide a remote with their Services, I know Other TV Companies Remote's do this  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus' old remote did have the backlit keys. It went away because they had a habit of failing way too fast and too often. Most TV service providers use one remote. Not multiple. If you really want a glowing one, the Logitech Harmony will be your best bet. Or get a Samsung S6/Edge that supports IR. Mine controls the TV/Box fine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
xray
Guardian

Optik has a remote app for your phone as well. You can pair it to multiple boxes. Works well once you figure out the buttons. It's not as convenient as a real remote especially if your phone has a lock screen.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The app included on the Telus Samsung S6 Edge works on the lock screen 🙂 It's not the Optik one but a third party one Telus pre-installed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
xray
Guardian

I assume that's an IR remote and not network based like the Optik app? My phone doesn't have an IR port.