tv freezes every few minutes

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Live in Vancouver and have had this problem for a while but it's worse -even tho Telus came out at one point and thought they fixed it.   any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
You will have to reach out to Telus and schedule a service call. Unfortunately there isn't s a quick fix, that can be done.

There maybe an issue with the wiring in your home, hardware failing, or Telus equipment outside. It will require a tech to diagnose the issue.

Best to reach them via live chat (does not work on mobile devices) or give them a call https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/contact-us?INTCMP=TcomFooter_contact_us

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
You will have to reach out to Telus and schedule a service call. Unfortunately there isn't s a quick fix, that can be done.

There maybe an issue with the wiring in your home, hardware failing, or Telus equipment outside. It will require a tech to diagnose the issue.

Best to reach them via live chat (does not work on mobile devices) or give them a call https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/contact-us?INTCMP=TcomFooter_contact_us

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Ambassador
Had the same problem last year. My moms tv was freezing and Optik tv signal lost every night or few days, it was a yellow copper connection out in the concrete underground box beside street, it was in water, so they pulled it out repaired it and a day or so after it works great be every so good now, tho now getting fibre optic this month. So won't be a problem anymore
Highlighted
Ambassador
Also live in surrey
Highlighted
Resident

I had this problem and it didn't matter what channel I was on. picture would cycle on and off about every minute. Rebooting the tv box didn't help. I then rebooted the modem (unplug power supply for 10+ seconds) and on first try no connection to the internet at all. On second try the modem wouldn't even come on (no lights), and I was suspecting a power supply problem. On third try the modem did reboot and everything came back and the tv channels no longer cycled on and off. It appears the modem may be defective and overheating causing this problem. I will be monitoring this until I move and upgrade.