cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed channel

stimpy55
Just Moved In

I just found out there is no replacement for the nascar coverage speed had. I will look for a new provider!

91 REPLIES 91

i agree......losing speed is the final straw for me and telus.......price increases.......service and quality decreases......contract up in a cpule of months.......will be going back to shaw......programing is terrible as it is and to lose a channel thatat least gave us some enjoyment and covered motor sport in more depth......telus is demonstrating it really does not care.....i think there are more motorsports fans out there tan the realize.......i don't know how many more cooking shows i can take.......on numerous channels...i guess you just can't fix stupid!!!

you are correct, stupid can't be fixed, but it can be flipped the bird. I have been watching nascar qualifying a practice all morning on espn2 and fox sports 1. download XBMC, install fusion and hub wizard. Utube has step by step install instruction from beginning to end. Then sit back and enjoy what the CRTC won't let you. Enjoy everyone!!!!!!!!! ,,!,, to telus, I win!!!

TELUS recognizes your supporters of this channel are they are just as disappointed. Hopefully you’ll understand that this decision was not taken lightly. TELUS is always striving to learn from customer feedback, while taking actions to get better, please feel free to submit feedback to tvfeedback@telus.com with all your suggestions. 

Every one with the sport theme pack should be given a discount or a new channel shoukd be added to replace speed

SandyV
Just Moved In

Must get Speed Channel back.  There are a number of programs not available on any other channel such as ALL THE BARRETT-JACKSON auctions!  We will have to leave the country to see another one.  Not good for the Canadian economy!!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is a rather large thread right on the front page of this forum for Speed Channel. Please see: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/speed-channel/td-p/34840/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

What the **bleep**, the best channel on Television and Telus turned it off what are they retarded! I hate Shaw but may have to go back just to get the Speed channel back. now they telling me you have to subscribe to it

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Actually, I understand it is Fox who is cancelling Speed Channel, not the carriers.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Global is launching a new fox canada sports channel and doesnt want the competition. Shaw has signed a new deal as of june 3rd with fox for speed channel. Length of said deal unknown, higher ups at shaw are not telling anyone, but Fox at any point in time can cancel the channel with shaw and pay them out. so im thinking that by the time global launches fox sports canada on sept 17th, they will make sure that all competition against their new channel is gone. racing fans in canada are being bent over, over charged and given no choices for the content they view. A little fascist?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
No, not Fascist; Capitalist! Business has the right to create opportunities. If Global sees a monetary opportunity by getting exclusive distribution rights to the broadcast, that is exactly the path they should take in our market.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

fascism is a political ideology. Capitalism is an economic one. We would happen to live in whats called a crony capitalist society. fascism is an extreme conservative ideology, like Harpers Cons. when you remove peoples freedom of choice and ability to aquire these choices, you oppress the population. Yes Global does have the right to create and aquire the rights to the new fox sports canada channel, they dont have the right to take away and control the customers options, or snuff out their competition. Competition is the fuel that allegedly motivates capitalism, when you remove the competition, you have monopoly. All part of the smoke and mirror show of the epic failure called the monetary system.

The new Fox Sports channel will not be coming to Canada. CRTC won't allow it and Fox has no plans to offer it outside of the US.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The crtc is controlled by the corporate lobbyist's and the millions of dollars that get tossed at them. They are corrupt like every other aspect of our Gov. You are correct in saying they wont allow fox sports 1 or 2 here, but global does have the rights to an all canadian content fox sports canada channel. canadian commentators and content. It will launch on sept 17th, later this year. They know they can compete with other canadian sports channel like tsn and sportsnet, but if canadians were allowed to purchase say,,, an espn multi chanel pack or a fox sports pack, how many would watch the crap canadian sports channels? Not many!

We'll said

Terribletelus
Neighbour

Please advise what is being done about the Speed channel issue.

Why is this channel no longer available ?

Why is Telus not offering any compensation for removing the channel from your offerings ? 

What are your plans to replace or reinstate this channel ?

Speed was one of my main veiwing sources via Optic TV.

Since Speed is now gone I find my need for the Optic tv service becoming less and less.

If I no longer need optic tv I would also need to reveiw my need and requirements for the other Telus services I procure in the way of Internet, home phone and mobility.

Currently all my services (tv,internet,home phone, cell phone) are with Telus resulting in a annual expense to me of almost 4000.00 per year (thats quite a bit of my hard earned dollars in my eyes), yet I get no explaintions or compensation when enquiring with MyTelus Customer service when callin in . There must be something that Telus can do for me here ?

I remain hopeful we can find a solution, please your suggestions and proposed resolve or compensation proposals would be greatly appreciated

We are all SOL. The comensation I was offered was, 5 bucks of my bill for 6 months, when i tried to get the 5 off for the remainder of my contract, 30 months left, they said NO. I, like yourself and many others spend thousands of dollars for over priced crap that can be aquired in other modern countries for a fraction of the price, The corrupt CRTC protects the big 3 in canadian telecommuncations in exchange for cash, so they can continue to gouge canadians, and practice business without any real competition. They hide this fact by telling everyone that they have Canada in mind when serving up a big bowl of canadian content crappola. Canadians options are few, but there are some. Buy a cell phone across the border, even with the roaming charges, your bill will be lower every month. Buy a dish, reciever and a years worth of programming for under 1000 or find ways online like XBMC and add-ons, to get the viewing YOU want, When you want it. Home phones are pretty much obsolete now that everyone has a tracking device strapped to their hips.

The compensation you will be offered, if any, will be laughable. I will honor my contract because I have integrity, unlike Telus, and when it's up I will never spend another dime on cable TV or a home phone. XBMC for me all the way.

All the best to you.....................

I just found out that Telus has discontinued one of my primary viewing channels. Speed Channel is no longer available. As this was part of my original contract, I believe Telus to now be in breach. I will be taking this up with them. As I follow motorsports closely, the loss of this channel is critical.

Based on the responses below, I hold out little hope of a resolution other than switching to Shaw or move to Satelite which many of my friends have already. Stay tuned.

General1010
Just Moved In
I just talked to telus and they could not come to an agreement with fox to renew their contract for the speed channel . If telus doesn't get this channel back by dec when my contract is up I will be going to shaw !!!!!!!! Not very smart TELUS!! Open up your wallet and renew your speed contract.

General1010
Just Moved In
If telus doesn't renew there contract with speed I'll be going to Shaw!!

Bluenose
Just Moved In

Just found out we lost Speed. Go away and come back to find I'm screwed by Telus. Really, couldn't come to agreement?? Which means you couldn't get it cheap enough so just screw your loyal customer base instead. Disgusting corporate behaviour. And nothing offered in return. Typical Telus.

Would you rather they spent a fortune on it then raised your bill more for it.  If it would have been a reasonable increase from speed they would have accepted it.  From what I have read (may be wrong) Fox is trying to shut down Speed channel.  They have already shut it down in the states and moved all its programming to Fox Sports 1 and 2.  Bell, Rogers and Telus have now dropped it, Shaw still has it but I would almost put money on them dropping it after their contract is done.  One of the other people upset about it being dropped asked for beIN channel to replace Speed with ( I  know nothing of the channel) and telus has it upcoming and should be on free preview soon.