speed channel

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The new Fox Sports channel will not be coming to Canada. CRTC won't allow it and Fox has no plans to offer it outside of the US.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Connector

The crtc is controlled by the corporate lobbyist's and the millions of dollars that get tossed at them. They are corrupt like every other aspect of our Gov. You are correct in saying they wont allow fox sports 1 or 2 here, but global does have the rights to an all canadian content fox sports canada channel. canadian commentators and content. It will launch on sept 17th, later this year. They know they can compete with other canadian sports channel like tsn and sportsnet, but if canadians were allowed to purchase say,,, an espn multi chanel pack or a fox sports pack, how many would watch the crap canadian sports channels? Not many!

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I have been a Telus  customer for 20+ years from before Telus when they were Edmonton Telephones & AGT and I can't believe Telus would foist such a moronic decision on their customers!!! Of course there's nothing about reducing the package $$$ after removing Speed. My next destinatiion is Shaw's web site.

Highlighted
Connector

OK folks, I have found a solution to the speed/racing issue for everyone. There is a media program called XBMC, it's a free download in all operating systems. Once the main program has been installed there is an add-on that needs to be installed called fusion and wizard hub. A quick utube search will show you step by step how to install it. Once Fusion and the wizard are installed you will have 10,000+ movie and tv channels from all around the world. As a racing fan, there was every kind of racing all on a schedule with times for full viewing. I have spent 4 hours on XBMC and am now wondering why I pay for cable Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Resident

i agree......losing speed is the final straw for me and telus.......price increases.......service and quality decreases......contract up in a cpule of months.......will be going back to shaw......programing is terrible as it is and to lose a channel thatat least gave us some enjoyment and covered motor sport in more depth......telus is demonstrating it really does not care.....i think there are more motorsports fans out there tan the realize.......i don't know how many more cooking shows i can take.......on numerous channels...i guess you just can't fix stupid!!!

Highlighted
Connector

you are correct, stupid can't be fixed, but it can be flipped the bird. I have been watching nascar qualifying a practice all morning on espn2 and fox sports 1. download XBMC, install fusion and hub wizard. Utube has step by step install instruction from beginning to end. Then sit back and enjoy what the CRTC won't let you. Enjoy everyone!!!!!!!!! ,,!,, to telus, I win!!!

Highlighted
Neighbour
We'll said
Highlighted
Neighbour
Speed streams live although that won't help those who wish to record .this speed absence sucks. Typical of telus service . I know I'm looking for alternatives . Couldn't be happening a worse time either with the race of all races lemans just around the corner
Highlighted
Neighbour

Please advise what is being done about the Speed channel issue.

Why is this channel no longer available ?

Why is Telus not offering any compensation for removing the channel from your offerings ? 

What are your plans to replace or reinstate this channel ?

Speed was one of my main veiwing sources via Optic TV.

Since Speed is now gone I find my need for the Optic tv service becoming less and less.

If I no longer need optic tv I would also need to reveiw my need and requirements for the other Telus services I procure in the way of Internet, home phone and mobility.

Currently all my services (tv,internet,home phone, cell phone) are with Telus resulting in a annual expense to me of almost 4000.00 per year (thats quite a bit of my hard earned dollars in my eyes), yet I get no explaintions or compensation when enquiring with MyTelus Customer service when callin in . There must be something that Telus can do for me here ?

I remain hopeful we can find a solution, please your suggestions and proposed resolve or compensation proposals would be greatly appreciated

Highlighted
Connector

We are all SOL. The comensation I was offered was, 5 bucks of my bill for 6 months, when i tried to get the 5 off for the remainder of my contract, 30 months left, they said NO. I, like yourself and many others spend thousands of dollars for over priced crap that can be aquired in other modern countries for a fraction of the price, The corrupt CRTC protects the big 3 in canadian telecommuncations in exchange for cash, so they can continue to gouge canadians, and practice business without any real competition. They hide this fact by telling everyone that they have Canada in mind when serving up a big bowl of canadian content crappola. Canadians options are few, but there are some. Buy a cell phone across the border, even with the roaming charges, your bill will be lower every month. Buy a dish, reciever and a years worth of programming for under 1000 or find ways online like XBMC and add-ons, to get the viewing YOU want, When you want it. Home phones are pretty much obsolete now that everyone has a tracking device strapped to their hips.

The compensation you will be offered, if any, will be laughable. I will honor my contract because I have integrity, unlike Telus, and when it's up I will never spend another dime on cable TV or a home phone. XBMC for me all the way.

All the best to you.....................

Highlighted
Coach

TELUS recognizes your supporters of this channel are they are just as disappointed. Hopefully you’ll understand that this decision was not taken lightly. TELUS is always striving to learn from customer feedback, while taking actions to get better, please feel free to submit feedback to tvfeedback@telus.com with all your suggestions. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Speed Channel still available? NONSENSE!!! I just read the post saying it was, but on MY Optik TV all I get is a black screen with a message saying that Speed IS NOT AVAILABLE and won't be for the foreseeable future. One step closer to switching everything over to Shaw...

Highlighted
Resident

My Optik Tv has "Speed Channel Discontinued" on my screen. Might as well drop the rest fo the sports channels now as  I dont give a crap about hockey or baseball.

Highlighted
Resident

Very, Very Dissapointed......now need to go find a new provider.....have overpaid for telus services for too long, but stsyed because of special interest in some channels etc., now speed is gone, another dissapointment and no notice or offers of discounts or replacements from telus.......wonder how many more are upset about this......there are a lot of motorracing fans out there......i only hope the rest will express their views strongly as well!!

Highlighted
Connector
Yeah no speed channel here either. Might be dropping my sport package as well
Highlighted
Connector
Every one with the sport theme pack should be given a discount or a new channel shoukd be added to replace speed
Highlighted
Neighbour

Telus, you **bleep**ing suck, you remove the Speed Channel with zero notice and there is a race tomorrow, its the only channel I basically watch. You will not get another dime from me and will be canceling in the AM. Going to go to Satelite, at least I can get other channels.

Highlighted
Resident
Unreal. MotoGP Mugello starts in 1.25 hours and I won't see it because telus sucks! Thanks for the warning and for making it available elsewhere. Oh wait, your f*ing didn't!!!! Hate hate hate telus right now!
Highlighted
Coach

During recent contract negotiations with the provider of SPEED, we were unable to come to a favourable agreement. It is no longer provided with your Optik TV service. TELUS recognizes supporters of this channel are disappointed and hope you’ll understand that this decision was not taken lightly.  TELUS notified the customers that subscribed to this channel with your monthly bill or E.bill notification. If you want to watch MotoGP, you can visit http://www.motogp.com/en for live coverage. If you have any comments and requests about Optik TV programming, you can always send them to tvfeedback@telus.com.

Highlighted
Resident

I just found out that Telus has discontinued one of my primary viewing channels. Speed Channel is no longer available. As this was part of my original contract, I believe Telus to now be in breach. I will be taking this up with them. As I follow motorsports closely, the loss of this channel is critical.

Based on the responses below, I hold out little hope of a resolution other than switching to Shaw or move to Satelite which many of my friends have already. Stay tuned.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I have to add my 2 cents about Speed TV.  TSN,  Sports net etc are not replacements for Speed TV.  It needs to be put back.  If it is not replaced, I will have to start looking at breaking my contract with Telus.  They broke their contract with me.

videoed.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

And how would I have found this link without you mentioning it in the forum? It is nowhere to be found in tour basically useless contact link. For a "communications" company you continually miss the boat in customer care & contact.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Do the Telus moderators "Hippo" and "Cheetah" actually talk to each other? One says we will continue to get Speed, the other says not. Whose head is up whose (unmentionable)? Do you actually even read the posts?

Highlighted
Rockstar

@vigilant wrote:

Do the Telus moderators "Hippo" and "Cheetah" actually talk to each other? One says we will continue to get Speed, the other says not. Whose head is up whose (unmentionable)? Do you actually even read the posts?

No one bothers to reads the date on posts.

No one bothers to read if it is Telus satellite TV or Optik TV. One expired sooner than the other.

No one bothers to read their bills along with any 30 day notices contained about channel changes.

Please send all your hate mail about the cancellation of Speed Channel in Canada(already cancelled in the U.S.) to Fox, TSN, the CRTC, the Canadian Competition Bureau and the Heritage Minister(protecting you from easy access to U.S.A. TV channels).

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_%28TV_network%29

Highlighted
Neighbour

Excuse me, but the Telus SCHILL/MODERATOR Cheetah is so far out to lunch that it is dinner time.  I have subbed to Speed TV for years and now it is gone.  NO Notification, NO offer of discounts, nothing.  I will be seriously looking at cancelling Telus TV.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

You must have received a different bill than ours. No mention of Speed disappearing but Telus did try to sell us: Home Phone Calling Cards; free previews of Cottage Life, WFN; and a selection of on-demand movies.

Highlighted
Resident

Seriously telus?!? "You can visit motogp at Motogp.com......." Yes and we can see everything else at Shaw or Bell too. I will seriously be going through mu full package and cut back until my agreement is up with you and then moving on to another provider. And to say that yesterday i was telling my daughter maybe i should even have my 3 cell phones with you guys. Thank you for opening my/ and everyone elses' eyes. Oh, and BTW, 4 days ago no one in your "customer service" knew there wasn't going to be an option for Speed channel. Maybe you should inform your own employees as well.

Highlighted
Neighbour

It is upsetting to discover Speed was suddenly removed from the lineup without warning. I would expect any warning of a television channel to appear as a crawl on the screen of the affected channel. Anything else is a slap in the face of the customer. In the meantime, what reduction in fees can I expect after this reduction in services Telus provides? As Shaw calls me about every month or two there is no point in me getting upset. I do have another option if it provides me with better service...and respect.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Actually, might I recommend sending such "hate" mail to Shaw. I am sure they would be thrilled to hear from dissatisfied Telus customers.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I too am angry with this ridiculous decision by Telus. Speed Channel is the most important service they offered to me. I have two recordings of the notice they put up saying they were no longer providing Speed Channel in place of the MotoGP races I'd intended to record. I used their chat service and learned that Telus didn't wish to meet the terms and price Fox wanted for Speed Channel. The feed is available and is still available on Shaw cable. I signed a one year contract with them for service starting Sept 3, 2013, and specifically told their sales representative that Speed Channel had to be included. They have decided to break our contract. Up until they decided to just drop Speed from their services, I had been very pleased with their service. I like the Optic interface and their install technicians and customer service personnel have been first rate. Then, some idiotic executive decided not to renew with Speed, and we loose a very valuable resource. Telus, fire the idiot executive and renew your arrangement with Fox or whomever owns the rights to Speed Channel in Canada and get Speed back on my TV.