speed channel

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I just found out there is no replacement for the nascar coverage speed had. I will look for a new provider!

Highlighted
Resident

I understand that Speed Channel will no longer be available ti us soon. Will the programming be brought to us on a different channel?....or will we have access to FOX Sports 1 ?

Highlighted
Ambassador

Hi,

The Speed channel will no longer be available to TELUS customers. It will not be moving to another channel and FOX Sports 1 is not currently available. 

Highlighted
Resident

Bad news, but thank you very much for the information.

Highlighted
Rockstar

http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Speed-Channel/td-p/34628

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/service-updates-changes/topic.do

Satellite TV

SPEED channel no longer available
Posted April 1, 2014

As of May 1, 2014, SPEED (ch. 417 and ch. 1413) will no longer be available on TELUS Satellite TV®. All other channels in your subscription remain unchanged.

Highlighted
Resident

I just received an email confirming that SPEED Channel will NOT be available on Optic TV after May 30, 2014.  Not Impressed!

Highlighted
Resident

no SPEED channel any more?? just a bit ticked; time to look for another provider,,TSN sucks for racing coverage and what about the trucks??? Sportsnet isn't good either; can't get ESPN...what crap!!! not pleased..

Highlighted
Ambassador

I’m sorry to share disappointing news – our contract came up for renewal & we couldn’t reach an agreement.

Highlighted
Connector

I agree 100%. Epic failure on telus' part.

Highlighted
Resident

where is supercross and motocross coverage

Highlighted
Resident

Dear Telus,

If Speed is no longer available within the Sports  theme pack what program is Telus offering as a substitute? If not a substitute – is there a reduction in the theme pack cost as Telus isn’t paying it anymore neither should Telus subscribers. Seems only fail don’t you think?

Sincerely,

Phil Russell

Highlighted
Connector

no supercross or motocross, no aussie super 8 cars, no rolex series or continental tire series, no monster trucks, no nascar practices or qualifying, no nascar truck races, no more racing news and updates. Anyone like myself who is a racing fan, is SOL. it's all about profits and the racing fan customers didn't make the cut. Telus tries to make it sound like they were unable to aquire the channel. The reality is, profits over customer service, just like all corporations, upper management continues to get their 6 figure salaries and continue on the agenda of getting sharholders their maximum  profits at all cost's. I wounder what the total cost of lost customers is? Do they even care? I guess it's tough when there are dinasaurs that own their jobs making 60+K a year to feed. (I'm talking installers now) These post's are falling on deaf ears racing fans, speed is gone, time to find it somewhere else.......................................

Highlighted
Connector

Just got off the phone with Shaw. Speed channel is in their top 10 favorite and most viewed channels. They were amazed Telus will no longer carry it and I am sure they are very happy to know they are about to get alot of new customers. Might want to pencil those numbers into the 3rd quarter for 2014 management. Wonder what the shareholders think about that..................

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is already a thread going about this issue >> http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/speed-channel/td-p/34840/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

this is the worst decision as to t v packages ever. We watch everything to do with nascar racing and your decision to cut speed just cost you a loyal customer and by word of mouth we  will let everyone know how much we dislike telus's service. at the next option we will be looking to alternate t.v. service providers and to heck with your so called package advantage.

Highlighted
Rockstar

A bit of Googling and the Blame lays at the feet of the Fox Network. The other half of the blame is usually the Canadian owned channels, which is for your Heritage protection(subsidize the asine Canadian owned channel by blocking the U.S.A. channel).

Fox is slowly killing off the speed channel and replacing it with Fox Sports 1 and 2.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Speed-Channel-Gone/td-p/1788510

http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/foxsports1

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/whats-on

Rogers dumped it awhile back

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/speed-channel?asc_refid=serviceupdate

Bell dropped it.

Will have to see if Shaw decides to keep it(providing it is not shut down) or kill it in the future as well(contract expire).

What channels cost(not accurate for end users costs).

http://uproxx.com/tv/2012/03/how-much-do-you-pay-for-each-of-those-cable-channels-you-dont-watch/

http://allthingsd.com/20100308/hate-paying-for-cable-heres-the-reason-why/

Highlighted
Resident

So, no offer of refund? No options, just "As of May 30, SPEED will no longer be available..."?!?!?  WTF?? And sorry but "However, you can continue to enjoy auto racing on other channels like TSN, TSN2, and Sportsnet within the Sports theme pack." is lame. It's like saying you can find other TV shows on other channels.

VERY NOT IMPRESSED TELUS!!!

At a minimum, you should offer a discount. We subscribed to somthing you offered and now you don't offer it any longer but you stil lcharge us for it?? 

Highlighted
Resident

Fair enough but don't continue to charge us for it on a monthly basis. Discount the package for the current subscribers or offer an equivalent alternative (which there is none - not "You can watch motorsports on other channels".

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Lame excuse for dropping SPEED and its outlandish to suggest TSN will fill the void for motorsports coverage. Adding Foxsports 1 or ESPN should be your focus.

Highlighted
Resident

UNACCEPTABLE! So little to watch anymore. TSN and TSN2 carry very few pre and post race programs, some that are daily. SPEED CHANNEL fills in the blanks. If it's so that SHAW will carry the SPEED CHANNEL, then TELUS, ROGERS and BELL will feel the amount of dedicated motorsports fans as surely the migration to SHAW will be inevitable and should happen as TV contracts expire. That should be a LOT of revenue that SHAW will enjoy. I don't think you people realize how many racing fans there are out there.

Highlighted
Connector
Why doesn't Telus consider adding beIN sports as a replacement to Speed? It recently was added to Rogers, Bell and MTS.
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

This would be a great suggestion to send to TELUS, you can submit feedback like this to tvfeedback@telus.com. : )

Highlighted
Resident

Must get Speed Channel back.  There are a number of programs not available on any other channel such as ALL THE BARRETT-JACKSON auctions!  We will have to leave the country to see another one.  Not good for the Canadian economy!!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is a rather large thread right on the front page of this forum for Speed Channel. Please see: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/speed-channel/td-p/34840/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Unfortunately TELUS and Speed were unable to reach a favourable agreement in renewing a contract to carry the channel. I know it's frustrating to lose a channel that has the best coverage for that particular sport, hopefully an alternative can be found in the near future. You can submit feedback like this to tvfeedback@telus.com. : )

Highlighted
Resident

What the **bleep**, the best channel on Television and Telus turned it off what are they retarded! I hate Shaw but may have to go back just to get the Speed channel back. now they telling me you have to subscribe to it

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Actually, I understand it is Fox who is cancelling Speed Channel, not the carriers.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

Global is launching a new fox canada sports channel and doesnt want the competition. Shaw has signed a new deal as of june 3rd with fox for speed channel. Length of said deal unknown, higher ups at shaw are not telling anyone, but Fox at any point in time can cancel the channel with shaw and pay them out. so im thinking that by the time global launches fox sports canada on sept 17th, they will make sure that all competition against their new channel is gone. racing fans in canada are being bent over, over charged and given no choices for the content they view. A little fascist?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
No, not Fascist; Capitalist! Business has the right to create opportunities. If Global sees a monetary opportunity by getting exclusive distribution rights to the broadcast, that is exactly the path they should take in our market.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

fascism is a political ideology. Capitalism is an economic one. We would happen to live in whats called a crony capitalist society. fascism is an extreme conservative ideology, like Harpers Cons. when you remove peoples freedom of choice and ability to aquire these choices, you oppress the population. Yes Global does have the right to create and aquire the rights to the new fox sports canada channel, they dont have the right to take away and control the customers options, or snuff out their competition. Competition is the fuel that allegedly motivates capitalism, when you remove the competition, you have monopoly. All part of the smoke and mirror show of the epic failure called the monetary system.