cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second audio channel (english) is not available on TV Japan bilingual programs such as Sumo or news9

go
Organizer

I have second audio channel enabled in my Optik TV setup but only the original japanese audio is broadcast during TVJapan bilingual programs.

i was able to hear englsh audio with previous Shaw TV setup. Could this be a CIS430 bug?  This is the case with the Cisco 8300HD apparently.

Any help appreciated. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

go
Organizer

Does second audio channel work on ANY Optik TV programs?

View solution in original post

Hi there,

Second Audio is not currently compatible with the Optik TV digital boxes. We would certainly appreciate your feedback at: tvfeedback@telus.com

Then why does the menu have settings allowing the user to choose second audio?

And why do tech support agents think that it works and tell you to select it, then blame it on the channel provider when it does not work?

Are there any plans to update the Cisco 430 software to support this feature, or replace the 430?

3 REPLIES 3

go
Organizer

Does second audio channel work on ANY Optik TV programs?

Hi there,

Second Audio is not currently compatible with the Optik TV digital boxes. We would certainly appreciate your feedback at: tvfeedback@telus.com

Then why does the menu have settings allowing the user to choose second audio?

And why do tech support agents think that it works and tell you to select it, then blame it on the channel provider when it does not work?

Are there any plans to update the Cisco 430 software to support this feature, or replace the 430?