cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resolution setting for recordings on PVR

Vancouver
Just Moved In

Is there a way to pre-set the PVR to record only in NON HD ?

I have an older TV that does not support HD but my recordings indicate that they are recorded in HD. The issue is that I am running out of bandwidth (allowable data).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Vancouver You can record the standard def channels starting at 9100. Not sure what you mean by running out of data. As Optik TV doesn’t consume data, unless you’re using the mobile app.

I assume you meant to say running out of storage space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Vancouver You can record the standard def channels starting at 9100. Not sure what you mean by running out of data. As Optik TV doesn’t consume data, unless you’re using the mobile app.

I assume you meant to say running out of storage space.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@Vancouver wrote:

The issue is that I am running out of bandwidth (allowable data).

Bandwidth and allowable data are two different things.

• Your monthly allowable data does NOT count on Optik use on their box.  Monthly allowable data does count if you are using the Optik on the Go application.... as well as other streaming.
  • bandwidth is when you are recording too many Optik TV stations at the same time.  Or there is too many people using the internet at the same time as your recording.
  • then there's PVR space.... when you have too many recordings stored on the hard drive that needs to be purged.  Time to let go of those old VS recordings.